Happy Trails Motel
US$86
Timber Inn Motel(Ludlow)(Great Value!)
US$141
Hotels.com
US$175
US$182
Hotwire.com
The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
US$193
Castle Hill Resort And Spa(Cavendish)(Great Value!)
US$253
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Magic View Motel(Londonderry)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 February 2009

Spend the extra money on a better place to stay. Creepy, smelly, dirty. There was blood on the wall, a used band aid on the bathroom floor. When we got there, there was urine and toilet paper in the toilet. Floors were creeky and you can hear your neighbors every move. Was not happy with the stay, and next time I would even stay 30 miles away from okemo to have a clean quiet place to sleep.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank craig_zlist
Reviewed 18 February 2009

Customer Service: As a previous reviewer mention customer service was lacking, could have been a lack of a common language as both my wife and I got the impression the woman at the desk did not understand us or just didn't care.

Cleanliness: I've taveled the world quite extensively and have stayed in some pretty bad places (third world). Happy Trails is high on my list for bad. The room was disgusting. There was pubic hair in the shower and other types of hair caked upon the floor edges. Needless to say we recleaned the bathroom ourselves after getting some lysol wipes from the market down the street. Behind and under the dressers and night stands were just as disgusting, with beer bootle caps, candy wrappers, an incredible amount of dust/hair bunnies, etc.

Hot tub: The water was yellowish, green with the most disgusting smell. It was hard to discribe but somewhere between a fish tank and a stagnant pool is close. We complained to management our first night, were essentially dismissed by the staff. We hoped they would clean it but after a day of skiing and looked forward to jumping into a clean tub, the tub was worse the next night.

Quality of sleep: As previous reviews state the walls and the floors have absolutely no sound proofing whatsoever. Worst couple of nights sleep I have ever had!

Would have checked out the next day but felt we would have problems getting our money back. Should have read other reviews before booking this place.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank hdmutant
Reviewed 16 February 2009

I have stayed at some rundown motels before but this was the worst I have ever seen. We had a late check-in and got there at midnight, the lady at the front desk was mad we came so late. She gave us our key then locked the office and left- I'm asuming she went to bed 'cuz when I saw the condition of the room I tried to go say something and the office was close. I have never seen a dirtier bathroom on my life!!! I had to put a towel on the shower floor to stand on it was so bad, and there was someones pubic hair all around the toilet. In the morning I went to complain to the front desk where the owner started shouting at me telling me he never had a complaint before and that I was greedy and just wanted my money back. When I stated that I didn't care about the money and I wanted him to come with me to the room so I could show him he started YELLING at me telling me my only choice was to never come back again. I spent 200$ on that room and I am outraged. I am calling the better busniess bearu on them. I have already spoke to the health department which plans on taking action since i'm not the first complaint about cleanness.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Classylady6
Reviewed 27 January 2009

Over all this Motel was in a convenient location to the mountain. However that was the only good thing about it. There was No wireless internet, no weight room, and no HBO. The staff was very grumpy and gave me the feeling they did not like tourists. I happen to be in the Hospitality field and rarely write bad reviews. However the level of professionalism went against everything that is expected. There was a significant Language barrier and no attempt to compromise with simple requests such as extra towels. Its a bit pricey for the quality of accommodations.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank AmericanHero833
Reviewed 26 January 2009

Three or four days prior to arrival I booked my reservation at Happy Trails in Ludlow, VT. One full day prior to check-in, I needed to change my plans and I called to cancel my reservation. I was very careful to be polite because I was aware that the management has a 14 day cancellation policy. But I figured I wasn't canceling the day of check-in and I had only made the reservation approximately 72 hours beforehand. Well, the entire conversation lasted approximately 1 minute. Mere seconds into my conversation, the woman who I presume was the Manager SHOUTED at me over the phone and said "I am NOT cancelling this reservation!" I didn't use that word for effect. She really shouted at me.

While we are at it, I also have a second story about Happy Trails to tell and my brother-in-law is with me so I promise you I do not embelish. Last season, he was traveling to the Okemo area and his accomodations fell through. Having passed this establishment many times and hummed the song of the same name, he decided to call and make a reservation. But when the woman on the phone found out that in addition to the two adults there were also two small children, she told him that the room held only three people. He explained that two of them were small children and she shouted (I see a common approach here) "I said 3 people. Find another hotel!" and THEN she hung up the phone on my brother-in-law.

This type of customer service really catches your attention. Just when I thought I had become fed-up with apathetic teen-agers at fast food restaurants who clearly are not plugged in or interested in their jobs or helping you, Happy Trails sets a new standard. I truly cannot remember the last time I was shouted at and then been given the pleasure of handing over nearly $200 of my hard-earned money. I travel to Vermont 8-10 times each year and have done so for the past 7 years and I promise on my bible that I will never again grace the luxurious halls of Happy Trails with my presence.

I am anxiously looking forward to management's rebuttal. I have been careful to include only the facts which I truly believe speak for themselves. Ms. Manager, are you going to tell the world that you did NOT yell at me over the phone?

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family