“It's outta there....”

Stemwinder
Ranked #11 of 45 Restaurants in Ludlow
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Deep wine list eclectic food choices small and big plates for dining delectable cheese plates seasonal fondue
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Thank you to Leslie and crew for hitting it out of the park! Fantastic atmosphere, excellent menu, and perfect price point. The small plate concept is great and allows for multiple tastes at the same sitting. Look forward to visiting every weekend if we could, and are waiting for Sunday Brunch to return!

1  Thank LudlowSkiBum

Reviewed 24 March 2014

If you give 10 chefs the same recipe with the same ingredients all the dishes will come out tasting fairly close to one another. That's cool when you need to be ordinary.When you find a chef that can take the ordinary and make it fantastic,now that is where I want to dine.The chef at the Stemwinder puts her artistic twist on every dish coming out of the open view kitchen.{ I had the Arctic char a rare find} Uniqueness is something that I search for when dining any where in the world. The combination of flavors in the first forkful told me about her entire repertoire. So two nights later I went back to indulge once more. Anticipation on the second visit was all that I expected-perfection-. One also needs to take time to look at the craftsmanship that went into the interior of the restaurant. Look around, there are many subtle nonpareil fixtures built into the rustic style you'd expect while in Vermont. As always, taste is everything. From my point of view The Stemwinder has panache both in food and ambiance. P.S. On the way out pick up a bottle of wine and some cheese in the shop adjacent to the restaurant.It'll add to the memories when re-connecting with friends. James M.

2  Thank James M
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The Stemwinder is new to Ludlow and features a great wine selection along with appetizers that can constitute a full meal. An outgrowth of the Wine and Cheese Depot, the Stemwinder is a very special place for enjoying a fantastic wine selection along with wonderfully-prepared appetizers.

1  Thank RalphP2
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Our favorite mountain to ski at now has a cute wine bar! While we like the local bars, they can be quite loud and "young". We just wanted a drink and conversation and we found it here. Lucky for us we visited earlier rather than later as the place filled up before we left. The wines look great can't wait to try them all. The food looked tasty. We had other dinner plans so we tasted the cheese board. It was better than most but did not impress my husband. If you are looking for a quieter, more upscale place for tapas this is your place. We can't wait to return soon.

1  Thank ges757
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I have often shopped at the Wine Depot so when I heard of this new, much needed venue (a wine bar at the back of the wine shop) in Ludlow, I was anxious to try it. The atmosphere is reminiscent of a country French farmhouse, the decor simple and interesting. This small place serves up just the right vibe for an intimate outing. Yes, the menu is small but the fare is light and oh so good!! The wine selection is generous, the food fresh and tasty-it's the perfect end to a day or a great beginning to an evening! Try the salad or soup of the day, the Cheese Board or any of the fabulous flatbreads. The hours of business start at 4pm so it's conducive to a great appetizer course or a light meal.

1  Thank Belmontcouple

Been to Stemwinder? Share your experiences!