“Appauled at how people are treated.”

Coleman Brook Tavern
Ranked #18 of 45 Restaurants in Ludlow
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Everything was a bit mediocre at best, my real issue was the service staff. One gentleman in particular was very rude during my time there and I am glad to say I will never be visiting this property again.

There are newer reviews for Coleman Brook Tavern

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

In general this is a good place. Food selection is a bit limited and in some cases pricey. Food is usually very good- I am fond of their steak. Portions are smaller but ok by me, not ok for my husband who has the appetite of a horse. S'mores for dessert are popular with kids as the kids cook them at the table. The main dining room is swamped with families at peak ski season but if you want little kidless dining ask to be seated in the Wine Room where young children are not allowed. They also have a great wine cellar- one of the best in VT.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

my wife and I were up for a weekend and wanted to have dinner at the Mountain... so we picked this place because it was really the only place to have a nice dinner at Jackson Gore. Service was excellent, menu was very good. My wife had a s'moore martini that she loved and i had a few glasses of wine. their wine list is one of the best i have ever seen. our appetizers were excellent and our dinners was very good too. i would say if my only complaint (and this is not their fault at all) is there were a lot of families with young young kids there so it was a bit loud but you will get that at a family ski resort. I would say it was moderately expensive but you expect that at the mountain so we were fine with it. and the meal was worth it.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

My wife and I were surprised and pleased with a wonderful meal at a ski lodge. I expected to enjoy the convenience and merely endure the food, but everything here was great. The vegetables were absolutely perfect -- crisp, warm, delicious. And the way the chicken was paired with a wonderful mashed sweet potato that had just the right hint of sweet maple flavor was truly luscious. The restaurant is also very accommodating with plenty of cozy and comfortable seats for couples, as well as middle-sized and large tables for families. The prices are no more nor less expensive than any other decent restaurant in Ludlow, but both the atmosphere and the flavor made this a truly memorable meal. If we aren't cooking in our room, we'll definitely go back.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Exceptional ambiance, cuisine, and service. Well worth the cost.

My only suggestion would be to provide better bread, e.g., hot sourdough whole wheat rolls. The flat bread was fine, but the rolls were very ordinary.