“Fun place, excellent food”
Review of Mojo Cafe

Mojo Cafe
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Ludlow
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Description: Mojo Cafe in Ludlow, Vermont, serves modern tex-mex cuisine allowing for a blend of Mexican, Cajun and anything else our creative desires lead us to. Rooted in a love of food, music and a healthy lust for life we hope to create affordable and unique food in a fresh and vibrant atmosphere that inspires our customers as much as us. We use local suppliers in to prepare clean food right before your eyes in our open kitchen. It is our promise to keep our prices as low as we can afford through hard work, honest food and passion. That's Mojo Cafe.
Vermont
“Fun place, excellent food”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have eaten here several times and have enjoyed the good food, homey atmosphere, and friendly staff and clientele. The poblano rings are a must and the white gumbo is perfect. Seating is limited but hopefully they will be able to expand eventually. A great change from the burger and chicken/steak scene.

• Visited July 2014

Madrid, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“delicious”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We went there two times and the food was always great! especially the chocolate cake for dessert is amazing!

• Visited August 2014
Chorley, United Kingdom
“My dad liked it, so it must be good”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Well we stopped off in Ludlow for four nights, three of those we are at the Mexican. This place is very memorable and will give us good memories of Ludlow. The staff were very friendly, they went out their ways to help us and had conversations with us giving suggestions of things to do in the area. It was cheap and had a great atmosphere. The menu was Mexican and had a great variety and there was a meal for anyone even me (fussy eater). We were sat at the bar so we could see how they cooked the food and the kitchen and staff looked clean and organised and the food was cooked very hygienically. Along the bar was a line of every hot sauce under the sun and if you were feeling brave you could ask for an eve hotter sauce behind the bar. I particularly recommend the road kill sauce if your hard, but if you're not don't have it because it's a fatal error and ruins your meal with the heat as my dad found out. My dad is the fussiest customer known to man and the fact he didn't have a complaint goes to show it was flawless, well at least I thought it was until I went into the bathroom after my dad had been in, the next morning. Overall you have to try out this place if u stop off at Ludlow, it's THE BEST!!

Chorley, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Ludlow for 4 nights and ate here 3 times. The food was fresh and delicious, cooked in front of us and very reasonably priced. We had different every night. The owners were so friendly even recommending a really nice hike for us to do one day. The owner's Aunt was lovely and welcoming too and the place has a really nice buzz. We loved sitting up at the bar and trying some of the super hot sauces they have lined up there. It's only been open a short time but they have the 'winning formula'. We would definitely recommend.

Connecticut
“Almost like NYC”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

As we stood inside the door for at least five to seven minutes, we were completely ignored by the wait staff. We counted two open tables but still no one approached us to say "be with you in a minute". Finally, we just walked out and no seem to care. Plenty more restaurants around, but never again Mojo Café.

3 Thank RitCt
Turtle S, Owner at Mojo Cafe, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
I would like to apologize for your experience in our restaurant. I was quite surprised to read the review and I'm not quite sure how you were unnoticed. My wife and I just opened Mojo Cafe one month ago and we are adamant about greeting new customers. It is just the two of us working most of the time right now and we don't have waitstaff or host staff, so please be assured you were not ignored. I can only speculate that you may have walked in around the time a large family was trying to sort out their seating and we may have mistakenly thought you were with them. We are a counter-service type establishment and customers may sit wherever they like. I recognize that the signage indicating that may have been obscured by the people in the aforementioned party and will work to find a better spot for those signs. I do hope you would consider us again as we truly are honest, hardworking folk serving a product that most people are very excited about. Again, sorry for your experience. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Chef/owner