“Enraged and offensive front desk”

Ludlow Colonial Motel
Ludlow Colonial Motel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Ludlow
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Due to unforeseen circumstances, my husband & I were forced to cancel a one night stay
in Ludlow, VT. There is a 7 day cancellation policy with this establishment. When I tried
to explain that a 48 hour window in an emergency should be honored, the man became
enraged and offensive. He stated he was in business to make money and would not
waver from his policy. He raised his voice and yelled at me in an enraged and offensive tone
and said he would not listen to me. I felt his approach representing a major chain was
very negative and unacceptable. Needless to say we will never stay here again.
Sharon

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ludlow Colonial Motel

Reviewed 9 June 2013

The Indian gentleman who answered the phone hung up on me as I asked him how I could book the room online. He had said they were sold out of the room I wanted - but it showed available on line. He raised his voice, when I questioned him on this he said I DID NOT RAISE MY VOICE!! Well, he may not think he raised his voice, but the gentleman, representing Best Western Hotels, must have decided hanging up on me was the answer!! So rude and impolite, I couldn't believe a "hospitality industry" employee would act like this.....This place is NOT for me!!

Room Tip: My tip to choose a room ----- go someplace else!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We have stayed here twice for our ski trip to Okemo. It is conveniently placed to drive up to Okemo but also the shuttle bus stops outside. Breakfast includes fresh fruit and is regularly replenished. Rooms are clean and the cleaning ladies are friendly. Easy walk to the library and to good pizza. Helpful reception staff (they junp started our car when it got too cold for it).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2013

We normally stay on the mountain of Okemo, but since the slope-side hotels were booked over Christmas break, we ended up at the Best Western. It's certainly no frills and that's what you pay for, but it is in a convenient location a mile or two from the mountain.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelingOtis
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Best Western is conveniently located in the heart of Ludlow. Very convenient location less than a mile form the Okemo Mountain entrance. Hospitality and Service are always good here. Room decor is old

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank PETER C
Reviewed 27 November 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank THOMAS734
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Having stayed here many years before we decided to use the same hotel. Best western should stand for a certain level of service - or so we thought...
We had booked a room and breakfast for the two of us. On arrival we were told that as there were so few people staying breakfast would not be provided. Ordinarily we would have gone with the flow but it became apparent that Ludlow was on a break and the breakfast options were non existent - perhaps the Manager should have been across this? He offered us a $5 reduction - great...
The room was ok but the bathroom was poor. The floor looked like it had not been cleaned in an age, layers of other guests hair -just horrid. When I spoke to the Manager about these issues he was dismissive. Said I wasn't across what he had discussed with my husband??? Totally dismissed my issues about cleanliness even though I suggested we go and look at the room.
In fact he accused me of lying! Just a dreadful experience. His parting shot was to tell me "Dont come back" Lovely......
I have to say I have never complained on this site before but just had to vent this time. I really don't
Want to pay for a room where the standard of cleanliness falls so far short of what I expect of myself at home. I said I was so disappointed but he just told me not to come back - I won't
BestWestern should look at this hotel -it does them no service.

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Linda M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludlow
Jackson Gore Inn
#3 of 7 in Ludlow
Okemo Inn
Okemo Inn
#7 of 7 in Ludlow

Been to Ludlow Colonial Motel? Share your experiences!