I think the comments about the owner/front desk guy are very unfair. He is a little more enthusiastic greeting his guests than other clerks i have met, but that doesnt make it bad!
We asked to check our room before we signed, explained we'd stayed in some bad hotels before, and it wasnt a problem. Just said to come back whenever to sign our credit reciept.
The hotel has plenty of parking, and we had a nice big, comfy, clean room.
The bathroom has free toiletries and if youve forgot anything you can go grab it from the front desk. Our room also had coffee/tea maker, a fridge and a microwave.
The breakfast is 'to go', so you go down to the front desk and grab it from the clerk. It has fruit juice, a pastry and a piece of fruit. The pastry is very very nice :)
The pool is nice and its in a nice little village, and its a good base for exploring the southern vermont area.
Especially for the price, this hotel is excellent
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Ludlow Colonial Motel! No trip to New England is complete without some skiing, theater and fine dining, which are all easy options from our Ludlow hotel. Visit the Okemo Ski Resort, one of the most beloved skiing destinations in Vermont. During the summer months, a trip to Echo Lake is a must for water recreation, swimming, boating and picnicking. Any time of year is a great time for an event at Weston Theatre or Weston Priory, conveniently close to Ludlow lodging. Whether you’re here to take advantage of the sunshine or visiting us during the winter months for a holiday season our friendly staff makes your stay special. Okemo Valley is home to Fletcher Farm School and the Okemo Mountain Resort. Just a short drive away is Okemo Valley Golf Club, a favorite destination for those looking for a relaxing escape. Whether the Bromley Ski Resort or hiking along the local trails are more your speed, you can enjoy everything this region has to offer when staying at this cozy, charming Ludlow, Vermont hotel. Business travelers in town with Mack Molding, Luzenac, Jeld-Wen® and Okemo Medical Center count on our Ludlow hotel to provide the best service in town. If you’re lucky enough to be here for work, staying at a supremely located property ensures that you can make the most of your down time. With Killington and Stratton Ski Resort 30 miles away, and Woodstock, VT and Manchester, VT drive-able, even a work trip can be a great vacation. Popular towns nearby for tourists make our Ludlow hotel a traveler’s favorite. You can drive to the bigger towns for special events, shopping and dining, but stay at our property to enjoy peace and quiet. We offer 38 deluxe rooms with a microwave and refrigerator in all rooms. A seasonal complimentary breakfast starts your morning off right, complete with hot waffles, sweet pastries, fruits and yogurt complemented with 100% Arabica coffee. Reserve a relaxing stay at Ludlow Colonial Motel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ludlow Colonial Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Ludlow Colonial Hotel Ludlow
- Best Western Ludlow
- Ludlow Best Western
- Ludlow Colonial Motel Vermont