“Ideal weekend getaway to see the Fall colors”
Review of Echo Lake Inn

Echo Lake Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Ludlow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 October 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Inn for Columbus Day weekend and it was a perfect trip. The Inn is ideally located near many of the scenic routes, and is also a short drive to Killington (great views from the Gondola), Quechee Gorge (views, hiking, and toy museum!), and Woodstock. We got a double upgrade (I suspect Sunday night was slow, but it was still great) to a large room with a fireplace and jacuzzi, both of which were great to have. The food at the restaurant is also excellent. The staff is friendly and very helpful, and gave us lots of suggestions for catching the Fall colors. The pool and boats on the lake are also great perks, but sadly it was already too cold for our visit. Overall, we had a really nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 September 2009

As mom of the bride, I must share my absolute delight and gratitude to Lawrence and the staff at Echo Lake Inn for a wedding weekend that could not have been more wonderful. From the early planning (including my first exploratory phone call months earlier) to the weekend itself, we and guests were treated with warmth and skill and kindness. The setting was lovely and meals and reception were fabulous, and Lawrence was generously helpful to the bride and groom as they made plans and selections. Bravo! And thank you!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank peaceqat
Reviewed 8 September 2009

My wife and I got married at the Echo Lake Inn in August 2009. The bottom line for anyone considering a wedding there: it's fantastic. You and your guests will have a wonderful time.

The people, starting with Laurence Jeffery, the Innkeeper, are great. You really feel at home with everyone who works there. Throughout the wedding (and the wedding planning process), the folks at Echo Lake were kind, considerate, and attentive to detail. They are geniunely nice people, and we never for a moment felt like we were at any kind of "wedding factory."

It was a huge relief to leave a lot of the details in Laurence's capable hands. In fact, far from being a stressful, nerve-racking process, wedding planning turned out to be a lot of fun (shocking!). This included two lovely pre-wedding trips to Ludlow to check out the Inn and try out their food, which is wonderful.

As for the wedding itself, it far exceeded our expectations. The Echo Lake Inn was the perfect setting. We wanted a place where most of our guests could stay and where we could host all the wedding events (rehersal dinner, ceremony, reception, afterparties, sunday brunch) in one place.

When I look back on the weekend, I'm amazed at how smoothly everything went and how flawless the transitions were from place to place (and event to event). For example, on Friday night, we went from a barbeque on the porch to an afterparty in the basement bar without any awkward transition. In both places, the service was personal and superb, the setup sophisticated, and the events themselves a smashing success. And that was just the first night - by the next day, they were ready to do it all over again with our ceremony, reception, and afterparty!

The Inn strikes the perfect balance between professional-level service and personal touches. Our wedding ran smoothly, and our guests often told us afterwards how much it "seemed like us."

I should say a word about the Inn itself. There are a number of rooms and condos on the property, as well as some very comfortable living room spaces, a front porch, and a basement bar. To be able to reserve the entire Inn -- and fill it with our friends and family -- was a wonderful experience.

If you're in a position to rent the entire Inn for your guests, I would definitely recommend it. Our guests loved staying at the Inn, and we received glowing feedback about the service they received.

In short, I can't say enough about the Echo Lake Inn. If you're thinking about getting married there, I heartily recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2009
4  Thank Hayriot
Reviewed 21 August 2009

My husband and I held our wedding at Echo Lake Inn in June 2009, and our guests are still talking about the great service, the wonderful staff, and delicious food. The Inn Keeper took care of every detail throughout our wedding weekend and everyone went out of their way to make each and every guest comfortable. Choosing Echo Lake as our wedding venue was a brilliant move!!!

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed 15 July 2009

My wife and I held our wedding reception at Echo Lake Inn, and it was a wonderful experience. The innkeeper was amazing, and the day couldn't have been more fun. The guests loved the food, and the service during their stay was top-notch.

Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed 1 June 2009

i couldn't have asked for a better wedding, staff was amazing, food - guests are still raving about a year later, beautiful inn & yard - the owner is very professional - i would recommend it to anyone!!! check it out for yourself!

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 26 May 2009

My fiance and I were looking for a weekend getaway during the Vermont "shoulder season" after reviewing several options were decided on the Echo lake inn. We were not disapointed. The room was roomy bright, and clean. Even though the inn was not very busy during the off season the staff treated us like kings. They could not do enough to make sure that we had the best of times, including bringing us snacks to share with our wine on the "wonderful" front porch. The breakfast that was served in the morning was fantastic. Because we were there during the slow time, the Restaurant was not yeat open. The staff did recommend a wonderful option in town, we can't wait to travel back again when they are in full operation. I would reccommend Echo lake a wonderful romantic getaway.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludlow
3 mi away
#2 of 7 in Ludlow
Okemo Inn
Okemo Inn
#4 of 7 in Ludlow

Been to Echo Lake Inn? Share your experiences!