“Wonderful!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ludlow
Inn at Water's Edge
Ranked #1 of 7 Ludlow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We arrived at the Inn at Waters Edge as strangers but left as friends! Bruce and Tina are wonderful hosts! I would highly recommend staying with them! Tina is a an amazing cook! My husband is a vegan and my daughter is a vegetarian. Tina was very gracious and accommodated both of their food needs. Tina and Bruce are both very delightful and easy to be around. They gave great information as to what to do and see in the area. We enjoyed our trip to Vermont and a large part of that was because of our gracious hosts! A real pleasure to know them!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tanga M

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Bruce and Tina, the Inn Keeper’s at the Inn at the Water’s Edge in Ludlow, Vermont; are delightful. If they are both in the room and he starts a story, she will help with the details and if she starts one, he will do the same.

I teach at a University, so I am accustomed to reading reviews of my performance and I am often surprised students disliked me or the class, because as far as I can tell, I am perfect. I am sure Bruce and Tina cringe at the negative reviews, but those who have liked their stay – at the time of this writing, 23 out of 28 reviews are Excellent- so I would say they are largely pleased. My only negatives are the small size of room two, where we stayed, and the bed was tall for my wife to climb in an out of. Otherwise, we liked the room, and those are things Bruce and Tina would change if they could, but it is not easy to grow a room larger and I tend to like a tall bed, personally.

With the negative out of the way, I have a number of positive things to say. We usually stay at hotels, so we are not accustomed to entertaining and being entertained during a stay, and I can imagine it might become an annoyance, but not in this case, they are a joy and I came to look forward to the conversations.

I was concerned I might not be able to eat at the Inn since I am vegan, but Tina did a superb job of cooking for me. We ate five evening meals there and they were all terrific, as were our breakfasts. Tina said I was only the second vegan she had ever had, but she took it as a challenge and more than met it. She stuffed a zucchini, used small beans and chickpeas, served a light tomato sauce, mixed in some black rice, marinated tofu, and cooked quinoa - for the first time. If you’re vegan and looking for an Inn where eating is not an issue, this is your place! Tina even made a granola bag and placed it in our room, since we spent Christmas there.

When it came to our bill, I was pleasantly surprised at the total because our daughter – working a seasonal job in the area- had joined us for two nights, two breakfasts and two dinners. I am not sure they even charged us for her stay.

Book this place if you are going to the Okemo, Ludlow, Vermont area!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 12 November 2013

One of the best vacations we had. Tina and Bruce made you feel comfortable, meals were absolutely delicious ... couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Atmosphere made you feel like you were at home. Very accommodating in all respects. Didn't want to leave and are looking forward to our next stay. If you are looking for a place of solitude, quite, a good time and a place to call home, this is the place to be.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon G
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This Inn has been our October getaway for the last several years. Every visit has been relaxing and enjoyable. Tina and Bruce are wonderful innkeepers - offering comfortable rooms, delicious breakfasts and dinners, spacious room (including a very nice bar) to relax in, and great hospitality. We leave the Inn at Waters Edge relaxed and always looking forward to our next stay. We just wish we could visit more often. Jeanne & Will

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank William D
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Charming, welcoming, warm, comfortable, delicious meals, relaxing........fantastic inn keepers. Tina and Bruce have it all. We stayed ten years ago on our honeymoon and loved it then. We were just as pleased ten years later and had a fantastic stay. Tina is an exceptional cook -- we enjoyed every meal. Best value around. We enjoyed the bar and the generous drinks that Bruce pours too! Our room was so comfortable and immaculate. The inn is extremely spacious and comfortable. We are looking forward to returning during ski season. This is a place not to miss.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geri W
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Our two day stay at this beautiful historic inn was flawless! Bruce and Tina were such great hosts; we were sad to leave. The breakfasts and dinners were elegand and delicious. Relaxing in the bar or strolling to Echo Lake--what fun. The room was cozy, spacious, well-planned, and tastefully furnished. Nestled on a hill in Ludlow, VT, conveniet to so many attractions but off the busy traffic routes, is this romantic bed and breakfast; the perfect ending to our tour of New England.

Room Tip: Enjoyed our room with a mountain view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank camille j
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is our third stay at the Inn, our first in the fall (we have been before to take advantage of the ski and stay package). We stayed five nights, and Bruce and Tina made us feel right at home, welcoming us in like extended family, and calmly accommodating my recently acquired down bedding allergy. We were lucky to catch fall foliage almost at peak, and spent long drives re-discovering the area and all its delights. Tina's home cooking is still delicious, and the Inn is a lovely place to relax with a book or enjoy socializing with other guests. The view over the lake from the back of the Inn is just beautiful and we were sorry we didn't find time to take out the canoes. We are already planning our return ski trip in February, and are considering adding a repeat Fall visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludlow
Jackson Gore Inn
Echo Lake Inn
Echo Lake Inn
#3 of 7 in Ludlow
Castle Hill Resort And Spa

Been to Inn at Water's Edge? Share your experiences!