“Delicious food”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ludlow
Inn at Water's Edge
Ranked #1 of 7 Ludlow B&B and Inns
Farifax VA
“Delicious food”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed one night here as part of a VBT tour (so I don't know what the prices paid were) but as far as the meals, it was probably the best dinner and breakfast we ate that week. For dinner, the salmon, green beans and orzo pasta were fantastic. For breakfast there was a fluffy french toast with pumpkin butter --yum! served with a nice combination of bacon and watermelon (really liked that there was fruit). There is also a neat little dock area you can reach by walking a short distance through a wooded path.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I called to try and make a booking for my friend's wedding... when I mentioned we might have to bring our 6 month old daughter, I was refused a reservation and also refused the chance to make the reservation and cancel if we were able to find someone to watch our daughter... because the innkeeper did not want to tie up the room.

I don't see this policy anywhere on their website. It's not so much that I mind their policy or the fact that they did not want to give me a tentative reservation, it's the tone in which the information was delivered. So... for any travelers with small children this is not your place!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ariane K
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Our group of 14 had a fantastic time over the weekend. Bruce and Tina were great hosts and everyone from 10 to 80 enjoyed the Inn, grounds, lake, food and surrounding area. It was our first time here, but we will definitely be back. We really felt at home here, and the food was first rate as well. Cheers,
Rob from CT

Room Tip: Room/Suite #9 was quite spacious. Several of the rooms have views of the water out the window which...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Thank you to Tina and Bruce who hosted our family for a surprise 80th birthday for my wife's father. Our family stayed for the long 4th of July weekend. Hosting 9 adults and 5 children (ages 9-17) was not a problem for them, in fact for dinner Saturday night, they accepted 6 more for dinner. I always wondered how many people were actually working at the Inn that I never saw (it is just Tina and Bruce behind the scenes making your stay the best it can be). The Inn is elegant, decorated to a New England style that was so inviting. The Gathering Room with full bar is the place to be in the early evening. The entire family felt like we were guests in their home and not guests of their Inn. The food Tina prepared was delicious, cooked to perfection whether it be breakfast or dinner. Access to Echo Lake is a huge plus. I highly recommend staying here, we already booked next year's 4th of July weekend.

Room Tip: Pick any Room, better yet, let Bruce pick the room for you.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Newburgh, New York
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I got married at another inn in VT and then came to stay at the Inn at Water's Edge to honeymoon ski at Okemo this past March. The husband and wife innkeepers, Bruce & Tina, were so welcoming and laid-back. They achieve the perfect balance of an inviting atmosphere while also allowing for the quiet privacy, that any couple would desire in a Bed and Breakfast. We had fun chatting with them, and we felt more like we were staying at a friend's place. I must not forget to mention the incredible value of staying at this inn. Breakfast and dinner is provided (homemade by Tina who is an incredible cook). Each dinner started with a wonderful italian appetizer, and each night we had a choice of main entree which was not limited to salmon, duck, steak, and chicken. So, each day consisted of a hearty breakfast, a day of skiing at Okemo which was literally right down the road, and coming home to a homemade dinner and wonderful company. Our room was comfy and every room has a whirlpool tub. Our only regret is that we hadn't stayed here longer, but we will certainly be returning!

Room Tip: Any room here is great as we stayed toward the end of the winter season so Tina and Bruce allowed us...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Red Hook, New York
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Thanks to Tina and Bruce for making unexpected visitors feel welcome and right at home. We loved the large romantic suite, Tina's blueberry pancakes and Bruce's wonderful sense of humor and wisdom. The lake access was an unexpected treat. We enjoyed swimming and canoing in a private, serene setting. We highly recommend The Inn and hope to return soon!
Martha Brammer and Michael Elrod

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Utah
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I traveled to Okemo from Utah so that I could participate in a ski race. We enjoy staying in B&Bs and saw that the Inn at Water's Edge had very good reviews so we decided to give it a go. We were not disappointed! Bruce and Tina proved to be perhaps the best hosts we have had the privilege to stay with. The Inn is lovely, is very nicely appointed and has a great pub. (Bruce is an excellent bartender!) The breakfasts were excellent and the dinners were a special treat. My wife does not ski and Tina gave her many helpful sightseeing and shopping suggestions. Even though we live in Utah ski country, we would return to Vermont just to stay at the Inn and renew our acquaintance with Bruce and Tina.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ludlow
Jackson Gore Inn
The Pettigrew Inn
The Pettigrew Inn
#3 of 7 in Ludlow
Castle Hill Resort And Spa

Been to Inn at Water's Edge? Share your experiences!