“Disgusting”
Review of Lynburke Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lyndonville
Lynburke Motel
Ranked #5 of 5 Lyndonville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Ok- very reasonable price, but seriously!!! We walked in our room and the moldy/musty smell was overwhelming! Had to open all the windows...but with the 30 degree weather we couldn't keep them open for long. Their was dog hair all over the nightstand and hair in the bathroom. Also, everything felt damp- towels, sheets, curtains. The windows have black mold spots all over the frame and constantly drip water from the condensation with the heat on.
The tub was BEYOND filthy. Old dirty stains from when they're was a grip mat, mold and soap scum all over the place. Even the shower curtain had black mildew spots in it and a pink moldy line on te bottom. How can they even rent this room!!! I barely slept at all and when I did I had a sweatshirt over my face to try to muffle the mold smell- would've been better off sleeping in my car.
This place needs to completely hit and deep clean this entire room, I don't even know how it's legal to offer this as a place to stay with all the mold spores that are probably floating in the air. Will never stay here again and will strongly discourage anyone from doing so.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed at the lynbrook almost 4 years ago at that time i found it to be a very friendly motel. I recently stayed here a week ago. Their manager monique makes the place by helping quests in every way possible. She has been there for years amazing she still remembered me even 4years later the whole staff is very personable they run a tight ship The rooms are well kept and comfortable. I highly reccomend this motel. If your ever passing through vermont i suggest you try them out.

Sincerely

John fucci

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank jrock1967
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This past weekend was our 3rd stay at the Lynburke. A family member of ours told us about it as it was a great price, wonderful people and convenient to the mountain biking trails. We are a family of 3 and my son a had great time. Everyone at the front desk extremely nice and very accommodating. We've ask for an extended check out so we could bike on the last day and always never a problem. Sure the traffic is loud as the back road is there but a small inconvenience. The restaurant across the street has great breakfast, lunch and dinner and super fast!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2013

From the animal-stained carpets to the non-existent wi-fi, the Lynburke Motel's rooms belie every claim on their webpage http://www.lyndonmotorlodge.com/index.html.

There was no fridge, microwave or coffee-maker. The wi-fi was free, which is good, because my 4G phone did not receive a signal, so I didn't pay for something that didn't work. My room overlooked the road via a window over a futon couch so sad and funky, I was afraid to touch it. But I had to climb up onto it, because that was the only way to close the curtains. The sink had a huge crack in it and all the water taps rotated the wrong way. And did I mention how disgusting the carpet was? Looks like legions of dogs have evacuated on those rugs.

Whoever wrote their webpage is either a consummate liar or so far detached from reality, even Wavy Gravy couldn't bring him back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank soulsinger40
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We arrived at night and the staff left the door unlocked for us so we could get in which was very nice , when entering the room it was just musty it almost seemed like there was a water leak and the carpet was damp. The bath toilet to me looked like it had seen about a thousand butts and when you were finished showering you almost felt like keeping you flip flops on when you stepped out . The AC system was unique and loud , our crew was here to do MTn biking so we are not very picky it would have been nice if some things were a bit nicer , FYI the windows have no dark shades so be ready for a room filled with light all night . I guess the bottom line here is it was good for what we needed , I would never bring my wife or kids here but for four guys it was sufficient bonus of the place was a free bike wash and the resteraunt across the street was great !

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank rich G
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We have stayed at the Lynburke in the past due to the value and the fact that it is a pet friendly clean motel. Fast forward 8 years and here we are with a family of 4 right back at the Lynburke. This time it was a very unique opportunity that brought us back to the Northeast Kingdom. Burke Mountain posted a link from the Lynburke stating anyone who enters their best "snow dance" video has a chance to win a 2 night stay at the motel plus 2 lift tickets to Burke Mt. and a $50.00 gift certificate to the Mountain View restaurant directly across the street from the motel. My twin 5yo boys did their best jig and won us the trip.First off, what other motel offers such a contest with support from the community? The motel manager Monique greeted us like we were a part of her family and the entire stay we felt like we were. This is a great family oriented stay if that's what you're looking for...My kids had a blast at Burke and enjoyed the Mountain View chocolate pie even more. But more importantly The Lynburke room 1 was there favorite part of the trip.....their own little get-away. The location couldn't be better to enjoy what the NEK has to offer and again a family oriented establishment. Thank you Monique and the rest who participated in one great contest and family memory. We'll be back for sure!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 814JeffG
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I was not looking for a five star hotel, but come on...When my husband and I arrived late night, we thought the musty smell would disappear but we decided that we had to get used to it. The cleanliness of the room, especially the bed, left us to huddle in the middle of a full size bed hopping not to catch something throughout the night. The next day we asked for the maid service and all we got was an extra towel. Stayed there two nights, didn't rest or shower.
I was surprised by the good reviews of this place.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ARJ-MA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndonville
Burke Mountain Hotel & Conference Center
2 mi away
The Stepping Stones Inn
The Stepping Stones Inn
#2 of 5 in Lyndonville

Been to Lynburke Motel? Share your experiences!