“Room is exactly what you pay for, but service is more than you expect”
Review of Lynburke Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lyndonville
Lynburke Motel
Ranked #5 of 5 Lyndonville B&B and Inns
Norwich, Vermont
“Room is exactly what you pay for, but service is more than you expect”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed one night at the Lynburke in February 2014. The room was basic and the fixtures were 2 to 3 decades in active service, but everything was clean, the heat worked, it was quiet, and the price was commensurate with the overall experience. The manager, Monique, makes great efforts to engage with customers and to make the feel both very welcome and aware of the what you're going ot get. This is a 3 star property, but the honesty of the management and commitment to find and address issues (I had none) takes it up to a four star review.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
wolfp10
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed at the LynBurke Motel in January 2014 while on business in Lyndonville. Options are limited in this part of Vermont.

My room was clean, it was made up when requested, the heat and wi-fi worked, and I had no issues checking out a day early. Nothing much else to write since this is a roadside motel. I've stayed in better hotels in my life, but wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay two nights, get the 3rd free is a nice deal.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank wolfp10
West Milford, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Let me begin by saying that Monique the manager of the facility is a first class person. She remembered everything about the phone call from my assistant making the reservation. She was a pleasure. i would say that she could run a much bigger property, and make all of the guests feel special and welcome..
The cost was more than reasonable. We were visiting Lyndonville to attend an Open House at Lyndon State College. We picked this facility because of its proximity to the college, especially after having been on the road traveling from New Jersey from6:00AM visiting another school in NH and then journeying onto VT.
The room was clean, the TV and internet worked, the bathroom facilities worked. We got a good night's sleep. Can't ask for more in my opinion. I wasn't expecting the Four Season, I got what I expected and was happy and would definitely stay there again.
When we left in the morning, my son left his pillow int he room. when we went back at 4:00 that afternoon, it was in the office on the chance that we would stop back to get it.
Highly recommend this to a weary traveler at the end of the day. It is convenient to the interstate and the college

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank rucoplay
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Ok- very reasonable price, but seriously!!! We walked in our room and the moldy/musty smell was overwhelming! Had to open all the windows...but with the 30 degree weather we couldn't keep them open for long. Their was dog hair all over the nightstand and hair in the bathroom. Also, everything felt damp- towels, sheets, curtains. The windows have black mold spots all over the frame and constantly drip water from the condensation with the heat on.
The tub was BEYOND filthy. Old dirty stains from when they're was a grip mat, mold and soap scum all over the place. Even the shower curtain had black mildew spots in it and a pink moldy line on te bottom. How can they even rent this room!!! I barely slept at all and when I did I had a sweatshirt over my face to try to muffle the mold smell- would've been better off sleeping in my car.
This place needs to completely hit and deep clean this entire room, I don't even know how it's legal to offer this as a place to stay with all the mold spores that are probably floating in the air. Will never stay here again and will strongly discourage anyone from doing so.

• Stayed October 2013

Travellers are raving about these Lyndonville hotels

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed at the lynbrook almost 4 years ago at that time i found it to be a very friendly motel. I recently stayed here a week ago. Their manager monique makes the place by helping quests in every way possible. She has been there for years amazing she still remembered me even 4years later the whole staff is very personable they run a tight ship The rooms are well kept and comfortable. I highly reccomend this motel. If your ever passing through vermont i suggest you try them out.

Sincerely

John fucci

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank jrock1967
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This past weekend was our 3rd stay at the Lynburke. A family member of ours told us about it as it was a great price, wonderful people and convenient to the mountain biking trails. We are a family of 3 and my son a had great time. Everyone at the front desk extremely nice and very accommodating. We've ask for an extended check out so we could bike on the last day and always never a problem. Sure the traffic is loud as the back road is there but a small inconvenience. The restaurant across the street has great breakfast, lunch and dinner and super fast!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
North Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 25 September 2013

From the animal-stained carpets to the non-existent wi-fi, the Lynburke Motel's rooms belie every claim on their webpage http://www.lyndonmotorlodge.com/index.html.

There was no fridge, microwave or coffee-maker. The wi-fi was free, which is good, because my 4G phone did not receive a signal, so I didn't pay for something that didn't work. My room overlooked the road via a window over a futon couch so sad and funky, I was afraid to touch it. But I had to climb up onto it, because that was the only way to close the curtains. The sink had a huge crack in it and all the water taps rotated the wrong way. And did I mention how disgusting the carpet was? Looks like legions of dogs have evacuated on those rugs.

Whoever wrote their webpage is either a consummate liar or so far detached from reality, even Wavy Gravy couldn't bring him back!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank soulsinger40
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyndonville
Burke Mountain Hotel & Conference Center
#4 of 4 in Saint Johnsbury
The Stepping Stones Inn
The Stepping Stones Inn
#1 of 5 in Lyndonville

Been to Lynburke Motel? Share your experiences!