“Nice ambiance, mediocre food”

Miss Lyndonville Diner
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Lyndonville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I feel a little guilty about being critical of one of the top rated restaurants in an area where food has to be trucked in a long way, but there was nothing special about our meal there.
My friends and I had pancakes, hash, and assorted eggs. Only the sausage patties were worth writing home about. The hash was apparently disappointing. Coffee was nothing special. The pancake options did not allow the fruit in the pancake, only on it, or wrapped in it. Boring.
However, the service was good, and the diner ambiance was nice. It was packed with a lot of people off to work, so clearly popular with locals.

There are newer reviews for Miss Lyndonville Diner

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Visited the Miss Lyndonville Diner for lunch on a bus trip through Vermont - what a great find. Excellent food, great specials, wonderful service & very reasonably priced. Really enjoyed the Turkey Apple Cheddar sandwich. Did I mention that they have homemade pies - make sure you save room.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

What a find. We wanted our Australian friends to experience a real American diner meal. And what a treat they had. There were the iconic round stools along the counter. There were the plastic cushioned booths, all in a long slim eating area. Two of us ordered turkey dinners with baked potatoes, gravy, turnips, dressing, cranberry sauce and a roll and butter. The other two meals were baked haddock in lemon butter with steak fries and coleslaw. We shared an apple crisp and a blueberry pie both with ice cream. It was hard to get through the mounds of excellent food. But we managed it much to the delight of our surprised wait staff. Well done Miss L. $64 for four adults!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Our hotel told us this diner was family friendly so we stopped for dinner. The place was crowded so we thought we were in for a treat. The girl who seated us did not smile or say "hi" she just asked us how many. The man who was our waiter never once smiled or said anything friendly to us. Just your typical "Are you ready to order?" He seemed miserable and acted as if he hated his job. Being crowded the diner was extremely noisy it was also crammed as we had to squeeze our seats in for the people in the booth we were adjacent to. I had pasta and it was not good. My kids enjoyed their food -chicken tenders. My wife got the haddock and said it was OK. The desserts looked good but we were so disappointed with the place we decided to leave. When I went to pay I stood waiting for several minuted before someone even approached me. Then it seems like they take a long time to process a debit card. Overall I felt I got ripped off for my $50. I would not return.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Great breakfast place! Classic New England diner, with some really interesting breakfast options The special on the day we were there was really delicious!