We booked one night in Manchester as the precursor to visiting an elderly parent in New York. The night at the panther was to get me in an appropriately tolerant frame of mind.
The inn is small, tranquil, and lovely. Our room was incredibly large (a deluxe room in the main inn), and the gas fireplace was a treat. The bed was heaven, although I had trouble finding my husband at times ....
We had a lovely dinner, with a server (sorry, I forget her name), who was attentive without being either pompous or intrusive: just the right touch. Since there were relatively few guests (this being mud season in Vermont), the room was soothing, quiet, and just what the doctor ordered. My blood pressure dropped 30 points from the city.
The food was very good - although the 3 course dinner was more than we could eat (shame on a reviewer who said the portions were small: really? really? we couldn't finish it all.) And the breakfast was so nicely done and plentiful that we skipped lunch completely the next day.
Sigh. It was only one night. But one of those places you could move into for a month and be completely content. If not, I suggest therapy. Just not with me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 20 Room and Suite luxury boutique hotel located in Manchester Village. Newly renovated accommodations, marble en-suite baths, luxurious linens and robes, complimentary breakfast, parking and wi-fi. Gourmet dining experience in Southern Vermont's top-rated restaurant. An elegant vacation experience in charming Southern Vermont. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reluctant Panther Inn And Restaurant
- The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant Hotel Manchester
- The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant Manchester, Vermont