The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant
Manchester View(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$109
Wilburton Inn(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$188
The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$255
US$197
The Stamford Motel & Restaurant(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$137
The Chalet Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$88
Casablanca Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$120
Aspen at Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$98
Orbitz.com
The INN at Willow Pond(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$219
All reviewsgas fireplacelibrary suitepanther suiteturn down servicecomplimentary wine and cheesejacuzzi tubpond viewshort ribsbreakfast was includedsmall hotelthe general managersitting areamain buildingfree upgradesuperior roomlarge bathroomcharming hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Surprised by my girlfriend with a two day getaway, we pulled into the"reluctant panther". We pulled in and enter the very tastefully decorated foyer and sitting area. Once checked in, we were escorted to the "panther suite". Upon entering I was taken a back by the very large bedroom and sitting area topped off with a real fire place at the foot of the very comfortable king bed.

Off the bedroom was a large bathroom with a Jacuzzi tub smack dab in the middle of the room, again with real fire place.

I realize everyone dose not love the smell of a real fire place which is definitely evident, but for me nothing was better than falling asleep with the snap, crackle, and pop of the fire place!

The first night we choose dinner on the premises, the food was good, not great. If your up for an adventure, they are many jewels around the property such as the, Silver Fork, less than a mile down the road, that was spectacular!

The staff was exceptional, and the attention to detail was great, from the bed turned down with homemade cookies on the first night, to the hand written welcome letter, to the decor in the room!

I fell in love and will visit again and again in the future!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ANTHONY P
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My wife and daughter stayed here for 3 nights while in the area for a wedding. I felt compelled to write a quick note for The Reluctant Panther to say Thank you for making our stay an 'experience' we will appreciate many years from now. The home made cookies at turn-down, the first-name recognition, the breakfast/coffee (wonderful) and the grounds...just perfect.

We stayed at the Equinox hotel the remainder of our stay (due to wedding discount) at the 1800's room. Fine hotel. But no Panther.

If you have the opportunity to stay at the R.Panther, please treat yourself.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the staff's local area knowledge on places to visit.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tyson L
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed at the Reluctant Panther with my wife and another couple in early October 2013 as part of a driving holiday through New England.
In fact, loved the Inn and the town so much my wife and I are planning to retire there.
The room was easily the most opulent, well-appointed, most comfortable, and generally awesomest I've ever stayed in in the United States. And yes, that's quite a statement and I stand by it. The fireplace was gorgeous, the Inn itself creaking joyfully with whispers of times gone bye - all set within the beautiful Fall post-card heavenliness that is Vermont at that time of the year.
To discuss the quality of the food and service at the restaurant would mean I'd have to repeat most of the above - easily in my all-time top 10.
Overall, a fabulous place to stay when visiting Vermont in the fall - in fact I'll probably never stay anywhere else in that area.

Room Tip: No tip - everything's excellent.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DaveD78
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My husband and I wanted to visit another section of Vermont and chose the wonderful village of Manchester! The room was amazing as we stayed in the Fallen Spruce Suite. The room is large and vibrantly decorated! The room is situated in the main part of the inn and overlooking the back of the property which is quite lovely! The bed was extremely comfortable with a gas fireplace in front of the bed. We chose not to use it due to the warm weather. The bath room was quite spacious with a whirlpool tub big enough for two! The Frette robes and beautiful towels lend to the ambiance! Hope to be back for a longer stay next year.

Room Tip: facing the back of the property gives less noise from outside traffic.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This inn has a combination of two superb features.
The first is a truly outstanding restaurant and the second is large and well decorated rooms...each unique in a friendly way.
The staff and overall service were of the highest quality.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple