“Great location for Anniversary Celebration”

The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Recently stayed to celebrate our 25th anniversary. From check in to check out the staff, amenities, including excellent restaurant/food options, and location was beyond our expectations. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon T
There are newer reviews for The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Great hotel, wonderful staff, and an overall fantastic experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Wow. Beautiful hotel. Amazingly perfect service. We stayed for one night (wish it were longer!). We enjoyed lunch at the Marsh Tavern. They had an amazing pepper jam. Delicious. Food was fresh and tasty. Service was great. We enjoyed the large indoor pool. For dinner we ordered room service and again, the food was great. The room was large and had a nice view of the property. Everything was clean and comfortable. When we got home and unpacked, we realized my husband left a sweater in the closet. I called lost and found on Monday night, they called me back on Tuesday to tell me they found it, and we received it on Thursday. I was happy to see that the great service continued, even after check out! We hope to go back again soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I had high expectations for my stay here, but was sadly disappointed. Got placed in an attic room which included an additional flight of steep stairs inside the room and no view to speak of. (One of the windows is over the stairway and inaccessible.) Be sure you ask about this if you get placed on the 4th floor. The elevator only goes to a few rooms on that floor, leaving you to heave your suitcases up from the third floor and then up the staircase in your room. Bathroom needed a lot of work - pink mildew on shower curtain, smell of mildew in sink, very slow draining shower. They also forgot to leave washcloths. Concierge was dreadful to myself and the colleagues I was traveling with, but I believe that may have been an aberration because the rest of the staff was very polite.

Room Tip: Avoid the attic rooms!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Pawlean
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My family and I just stayed at the Equinox and had a wonderful time. We booked two rooms and put on the online reservation that we wanted connecting rooms. Anyone who travels knows that hotels consider such things as requests and don't go out of their way to accommodate them. The day after I made the reservation I received a phone call from the concierge to discuss my request. This has never happened before and I was delighted that they took such an interest in my request...5 star service for sure. When we arrived checkin was a breeze, the rooms were connected and very beautiful and comfortable. The valet parking was great, those young men really work hard and are so pleasant (as was everyone we dealt with). The room service was on time and the breakfast buffet was great. The only things that would make this even better would be an in-room coffee maker and small refrigerator. We will absolutely be back!

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 28 April 2012

We visited for a couple of nights with 2 of our kids. We had fun with the hikes. The resort is indeed historic, however we did not like being hosted in the nearby Orvis Inn because of a business convention filling the main building, just 200 yds, but a separate building down the main road. it is an historic house with a few rooms and no reception. So we were not within the main building where the restaurants are. This did not help.
The restaurants are really average so we did not have a great experience there. The spa - on the other hand - was great and the staff has been really friendly.

The indoor pool is nice but has some restrictions vis-a-vis kids, so if you travel with a family, you better plan the hours you intend to spend by the pool.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AE C
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We stayed midweek on Starwood points. Room was large and bed was very nice. The wifi was sketchy at times and there was no refrigerator. Daily NY Times, turn down service and very attentive staff. The continental breakfast was quite good and lasted until 11:30. We paid for our dog ($125) and they provided a bed, bowls and treats.

Stayed: April 2012