I will say this for 9 out of 10 employees we encountered were warm, eager to help and competent. But that hardly compensates for the nearly constant noise we experienced all day long in our room. My daughter and I were lodged in a first floor room where there is a constant stream of children and adults who thought nothing of screaming to a family member right down the hallway, or stomping in the room above. There was a pre-recorded message from the GM or Ops Director reminding guests that it's an older structure, noises travel and to refrain from conversations in the hallways between 9 pm- 6 am. Clearly, most guests did not listen to it or heed it. We requested a "quieter room" and were moved next to the Main Street and a family with 4 teenagers squeezed into a room with a king bed and rollaways. I thought it was a cruel joke.
The pool was a nice amenity and set hours just for adult swim. But i could hardly believe there was actually garbage (small plastic drinking cups) at the bottom of the pool at 9 am! There were cubbies but no lockers in the family changing room. Lockers available in the spa locker rooms - only accessible to guests 16+
We made it work but I thought, "Gee how hard us it to install lockers in here?"
The Equinox markets itself as "luxury." The sink drain ran slow, the toilet wad not fully cleaned, the HVAC was loud, and the tv remote's batteries were dead. These may sound minor and to be fair, at a modestly priced hotel I would say fine, whatever. But to truly be a luxury chain like a Four Seasons or Ritz, these things have to be perfect. Even Kimpton Hotels - a lower/ non-luxury chain- is impeccable.
Fortunately for the Equinox, most of their people couldn't do enough to help. A couple if the concierges seemed to struggle concealing their disdain for answering questions - not just mine- I overheard it walking by the desk. On the other hand, requests to borrow a sled and crayons were met with smiles and enthusiasm. (Thank you, Astri and Richard!) A housekeeping supervisor Mike left extra chocolates at turn-down service when I mentioned the slow drain. The bartender gave my daughter extra cherries in her Shirley Temple... Sweet and kind gestures that meant a lot to me at the time.
Unfortunately, I will probably not stay at the Equinox on a trip to Manchester again. All the kind people in the world can't make up for a lousy three nights' sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting under the shadow of Vermont's Green Mountains on 1,300 acres in the quaint village of Manchester, The Equinox, A Luxury Collection Golf Resort & Spa awaits your discovery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Equinox Resort And Spa
- The Equinox Hotel Manchester
- Equinox a Luxury Collection Hotel
- Equinox a Luxury Collection Resort
- The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa Manchester, Vermont