“Nice Resort”

GreenLeadersGold level
NYC
“Nice Resort”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We used to stay here a lot years ago, but when it started getting too pricey we opted to stay at ski resorts. I was looking to book mud season rates online, saw a plethora of options but it was still expensive even for April. Found a package that was not bookable online so my wife called hotel directly. She wasn’t offered the rate until she asked for the Sweet Season in Vermont package. It included upgraded deluxe and full breakfast for two people. While it still wasn’t cheap it was better than the rack rates offered.

We arrived Sunday for 2 night stay, check in took 30 seconds, hotel is meticulously clean and very well kept. All the staff is friendly and unpretentious. Room was huge plenty of windows, bed great, bath was huge, and the bath products are nice. The free coffee and tea in lobby as well as free newspapers. Breakfast is Marsh Tavern was absolutely delicious I ordered off the menu the first day and then tried the continental breakfast the second day. The breakfast off the main menu is the way to go, and they give you way too much food.

Shopping in Manchester is good but tons of empty stores, people we spoke to said high rents were driving tenants away. Orvis is the best store of them all, and don’t miss Orvis outlet down the road. Plenty of restaurants, haven’t been to Garlic Johns since the late 1990’s and its still good. Wanted a photo of my wife and I out front of hotel, general mgr. just happened to be outside and volunteered to take it, and then about a half a dozen other photos (nice). I wouldn’t hesitate to stay here again in future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Leinfelden-Echterdingen, Germany
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed for one night and the whole experience was excellent from check-in, the room and all of the facilites in the hotel. Not cheap but certainly 5*. In particular the hotel restaurant was much above the level I would have expected for food and service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Albany, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Last month my husband and I took a quick one day overnight at the equinox. We had stayed there a few times before and were generally pleased. This time was no exception. They upgraded our room upon arrival without asking (hotel was not full so easy to do bur still a nice touch). Room seemed very large and quite comfortable. Had massage in the spa - wonderful; drinks at the bar (bartender appropriately friendly not overbearing); dinner in the marsh tavern, very good as well. Overall the hotel has a nice feel for both families (well behaved ones at least) and couples. We will return!

Room Tip: Facing the mountain, main house.
Green Features: As most hotels today; change bedding upon request, towels the same.
Winchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here in early May for an anniversary weekend. We had a wonderful time made special due to the exceptional service. From the greeting by the doorman to the checkin experience everyone went out of their way to please us and endure all of our needs were met. The room was well appointed and luxurious. The atmosphere of the hotel invited comfort. We especially enjoyed the spa and the pool. Also special was the service the hotel provides driving you to town for dinner or shopping. I absolutely loved the box of fresh donuts we were greeted with the next morning. If you are looking for an elegant and comfortable but not stuffy experience check this place out. We will be back.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Ps59_15
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My Wife & I just came back from our annual Manchester get away .This time we stayed at the historic Equinox Hotel . We stayed in a very nice room that was only steps away from the bar, food & coffee in the morning. The Valet parking was a nice touch & the staff was very friendly. Although the hotel is old ,it is kept up in tip top shape. We both found it a pleasure to have our coffee in a large common room overlooking the grounds. The swiming pool is super nice. Large & warm. A real treat as the weather was still chilly outside. We will return in the future for another stay.

mickey

Lafayette, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our family has visited the Equinox four times over the past year and a half. I say visit because the staff treats you like family and the accommodations are second to none.

We have three children ages 7-12 and we always find something to do in the area. Whether it's shopping at the outlets a mile away, hiking right on the property, eating at the Marsh Tavaren, or relaxing in the indoor pool, they are never restless.

If you enjoy beautiful mountain views, clean crisp air, and being treated with the utmost respest, then the Equinox is a must visit for your next trip.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Grizzy66
Lenox, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Great staff makes for an outstanding experience, and that is what is found from the moment one drives up to the door. My check in was efficient and friendly, and I was quickly on my way to my spa treatments. The spa staff was welcoming and incredibly skilled. After an amazing pedicure and hot stone massage, the tone was set for an absolutely wonderful evening. My room was exceptional - spacious and well appointed, quiet and private. (One minor word of caution: When one is on the third floor, turn on the shower ahead of time to allow the hot water to work its way all the way up to the top!) The bedding was so comfortable! I slept like a rock. Breakfast in the tavern again came with outstanding service, and great coffee. My stay was complete with a lovely manicure, and I was on my way to shopping in the outlets, bottle of water thoughtfully placed in my car by the valet. Really...What could have been better? I am looking forward to a return trip, hopefully sooner rather than later...and bringing someone with me.

Room Tip: My room was expansive, with a complete living room/dining room, half bath, and master bedroom and ba...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo