“VT Elegance with Country Charm”

The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The service was wonderful and the hotel was stunning. It was my second visit to the Equinox and enjoyed every moment. The grounds are beautiful, the food fantastic, everything about it was great. The only thing I wish they had was an outdoor pool. Other than that, it was perfect.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,440)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We just enjoyed a perfect weekend at the historic Equinox. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room in the main building was elegant and offered a great view of Mt. Equinox. The Chop House restaurant was excellent -- but expect NYC prices. After dinner, we sat by the outdoor fire pit and met a whole group of jovial strangers. Lots of fun. A highlight is the first class fitness center and spa.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel!
I am so pleased to hear that you had a perfect weekend whilst staying with us. I am pleased to hear you had an excellent meal in our Chop House restaurant and made new friends around our fire pit.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Emma S,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We spent 4 nights in a corner room of the old hotel. The room was huge with high ceilings and windows on two walls. It was beautifully decorated with modern amenities. The grounds were lovely. The spa was fantastic. The staff were amazingly attentive. I was there for a conference and the conference facilities were excellent.

The only problem I had was with checkout at which time there was a problem with the bill. (I was overcharged.) They did make an adjustment/credit, but as the statement was not itemized it was somewhat confusing. I needed an itemized statement (for business purposes/reimbursement) and was told by the front desk person that while she could see the breakdown (of room rate, state and local tax, resort fee, etc) on her computer screen, she could not provide me with an itemized statement. Really?? Every other hotel in North America I've ever stayed at provides an itemized statement per routine. I was told (literally) that if I needed an itemized statement I would need to call the finance department during business hours (i.e., Monday; I checked out on a Saturday.) I asked if she could arrange for the finance office to e-mail me an itemized statement on Monday, but I never got one.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of The Equinox. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our spa facilities and found our staff attentive.

I apologize for the issues you experienced at check out. I am unsure as to why you were told this information. I am going to follow up with this now to ensure you get an itemized copy of your folio.

I hope that despite this you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our getaway to The Equinox far exceeded our expectations.The service was wonderful and the property beautiful.The outdoor bar with the amazing firepit is not to be missed.There are both casual and refined dining experiences and the proximity to Manchester Center opens up many more choices.
We would go back again, for sure!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels.

Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Just spent 2 days in one of the detached condo type buildings. Lots of vaguely awkward things about the rooms - some too big, some too small, doors and light switches in unexpected places, slanted floors. Service was very good. Golf course was hit hard by the winter and had recently been aerated, so it was in really rough shape -- played like the muni I'm used to back home.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BigCJ65
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank You for taking the time to provide us with the feedback about your stay with us. I want to apologize that you felt as though your room had an awkward layout, as we are such an old property this is sometimes the case. Again I can only apologize the golf course was not in the best shape, as you mentioned we had a hard winter and it is taking us a little bit longer this year to get it back into top shape for the summer months!

On a more positive note I am pleased to hear that you experienced wonderful service at our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sincerely

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We've have been coming here for years from the NYC area. It's always a treat to relax around the property - especially the back porch during the day and outside the fire pit at night. This was our first trip with our infant son, and the staff was extremely accommodating to all our needs throughout our stay. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Equinox for a few days as part of a business conference. Our first impression was how extremely helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable our bell hop, David, was to us -- above and beyond our usual hotel experiences. While the room was a little awkward and slanted, which is not surprising considering the age of the building, it was still very comfortable. Besides the amazing views of the Green Mountains all around us, one of the most memorable parts of our trip was Brenda, the woman who waited on our table for the conference's evening banquets. She was funny, fun, extremely personable, and laughing and joking with her made those delicious meals that much better. Truly, all the staff we encountered for 3 days were genuinely nice and helpful beyond any other hotels we've ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Keep in mind when staying here that it is a historic building that has seen many renovations and non...