1,521 results
All reviews marsh tavern chop house fire pit falcon bar falconry school historic hotel spg points indoor pool cider donuts main building concierge desk beautiful resort hot tub new england resort fee locker room hiking trails
Reviewed 28 July 2017

Although members of my group have been to the Equinox before, this was my first experience and quite enjoyable. The property is lovely with gorgeous mountain views. The meeting rooms were extremely spacious, and staff was knowledgable, friendly and responsive, from valet to catering to manager. The Pond Pavilion was a fabulous location for our reception and dinner with the added bonus of the large fireplace. I also appreciated the Falcon Bar as a destination for my attendees and the diverse catering opions. Their relationship with the Orvis store nearby was another unique feature of our Vermont experience. Overall a great destination.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2017

This is a beautiful property where I've stayed three times with a conference group. Over the years, the quality of the rooms has fallen off badly. This is supposed to be a "luxury" property, but I've had better rooms at a Holiday Inn. This place is a dump.

To start with, there was no desk or workspace in my large room,. There was a large dehumidifier or some contraption that sat right smack where a desk ought to be. The bed and pillows were way too soft; no variety as in other hotels. There was no turn down service the first of my two nights, and no slippers to go with the robe. The view out the window was over a rusting corner roof.

The bathroom was pretty ridiculous. The shower spray, which I could not figure out how to adjust, basically ran all over the shower area and into the room. The faucet was missing a piece, and there was dirt around the walled area around the sink. The toilet paper holder was about a mile from the toilet, and there was no table in the shower/toilet area on which to place your stuff.

I wish I could say I just got unlucky with one room, but fellow conferees reported the same, and in one case much worse (dog urine).

I rated this average rather than poor only because the property is so lovely. But the restaurant is wildly overpriced.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Kim B
Roger A, Manager at The Equinox, A Luxury Collection Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide the hotel with feedback. I’m sorry to hear that your room did not meet your expectations. The hotel is planning a full renovation of all public areas, restaurants, meeting space and all guest rooms to be finalized by the first quarter of 2018. This renovation will incorporate design elements that celebrate Vermont and the unique historical significance of the hotel.
We are also very glad to hear you found our hotel beautiful. We do offer many different room types spread over 20 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, many with spectacular views of Mount Equinox and the Taconic Mountain range.

We are following up on the comments you mentioned with housekeeping and food and beverage pricing. We constantly review our menu pricing with our competitive hotels to ensure we are in line with the market- we will definitely update this analysis.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to discuss your stay more in detail.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Wife and I ended our week long trip at The Equinox. We didn't have time to fully experience everything but did enjoy the setting especially sitting out on the terrace before the sunset. Comfortable chaise lounge chairs with a great view of the mountain.

We were in the main building and the room size was great.

We had lunch in the village and did a little shopping okay the outlets. A nice escape.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2017

We booked three rooms for a somewhat last-minute family reunion and were pleased that we could not only get in, but also get three rooms right next to each other at one end of a hallway. The rooms (traditional, deluxe and superior) were all large and comfortable and it was surprising how quiet they were despite facing the street. It would have been nice to have towel bars/hooks for the hand towels, but the hair dryer and bath robes were appreciated. The girl from housekeeping who made up our room promptly every day - and sometimes did turn-down service at night - was especially pleasant and helpful.

One of our rooms required a crib and a refrigerator, which were delivered promptly. The concierge also provided a short list of local babysitters which came in very handy. One of the other rooms had an on-again-off-again AC problem, which unfortunately required several phone calls to address.

The low-light of our visit was the check-in experience, where two young women seemed overwhelmed by the balky computer slowing down the process. They didn't welcome us nor apologize for the fact that only one of them was at the front desk while a line formed of tired people wanting to check in. Not SPG quality service at all. (This was on a Thursday afternoon. The morning staff seemed more experienced.)

The service at the Marsh Tavern was also dismally slow, even though there were probably only ten tables filled on a Thursday night. Four of us waited 45 minutes between our first course and entree! And the seafood was grossly overcooked, despite the fact that we had ordered it "medium". As a result, we cancelled our reservations there for another night and went to the Reluctant Panther down the street. The service in the Falcon Bar wasn't much better as it was staffed with only one bartender on a busy Friday night. Bad planning for sure. The outdoor patio is lovely to sit and enjoy your cocktail once you get it.

The rest of the service was good - the hotel concierges, the bellmen, the golf staff and the waitresses at the Dormy Grill, where the lunch food was excellent.

There are lots of shops in town for shoppers and lots of hiking trails for hikers. The golf course was average, but the greens fee including cart and rental clubs was reasonable. I would highly recommend the Wing Shooting or the Falconry. There is a variety of "free" newspapers every morning, which are included in the resort fee, as is the internet.

Room Tip: Avoid room 316, which has AC problems
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I wanted a couple days away after visiting our children at sleepaway camp. The Equinox was a nice hotel in its time. It was alittle outdated but the service was great and the rooms were big! It would be a great place to go with a family. The tennis courts, pool and grounds were really nice. The location was great for hiking. The concierge was knowledgeable and helpful. Overall, it's was a nice hotel but could use a facelift but for the price it was a deal!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple