My husband and I along with 3 other couples stayed at this fabulous B&B last weekend and I felt I would be remiss if I didn't share our wonderful experience with other prospective guests. We have traveled extensively throughout southern Vermont and have stayed at over 10 different inns over the years - this place has it all over the rest and at a reasonable price. We've found that while each inn has something special there's usually some drawback to be found (location, appointment of rooms, few common areas, limiting grounds, etc); Diane and Yoshio (innkeepers for the past 14 months) seem to have the magic formula for creating the most inviting and romantic atmosphere amidst a backdrop of beautifully maintained grounds and well appointed guest rooms and common areas. While maintaining an unassuming presence they cater to their guests every need and whim and have thought of every amenity to make your stay one you won't soon forget!! The inn is immaculately maintained by their cheerful and very capable staff and breakfasts are made with the freshest of ingredients - some handpicked by Diane in her gardens. Quite a culinary delight!!
While my husband and I stayed in the Lincoln Room (and by the way as noted in other reviews we were not at all bothered by noise from the road as there is very little traffic at night) our friends in three other rooms (Thompson Purdy, Pierrpont and Gideon Ormsby) were equally thrilled with their accommodations). The whirlpool tubs for two, fireplaces and comfy beds, linens and robes were all luxurious treats - not to mention the bath salts, candle and matches left by the jacuzzi (nice touch!!) Did I not say they think of everything??
Overall, I cannot say enough good things about this inn and if you plan on visiting Southern Vermont - look no further than The Inn at Ormsby Hill - I promise you won't be disappointed! The only disappointment is leaving!! All 3 couples we traveled with have agreed we'll be back in the near future!! We hope that Diane and Yoshio will call this place "home" for several more years as coming back to this inn will feel like "home" to all who return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If our lavish rooms and full, energizing breakfasts aren't enough to take your breath away, our spectacular mountains views will. Recipients of the AAA Four Diamond Award for the past fourteen years and a Select Registry property - a Manchester inn exclusive. One enchanting evening with us and you'll understand why. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Inn at Ormsby Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Ormsby Hill Hotel Manchester
- The Inn At Ormsby Hill Manchester, Vermont