Palmer House
Manchester View(Manchester)
The Red Sled(Manchester)
Econo Lodge(Manchester)
View Hotel
All reviewstennis courtshole golf coursecontinental breakfasttrout pondye olde tavernindoor pooltwo sinkswalking distancebeautiful groundscoffee cakeclose to townking suitebagelsliving roomfull kitchenroom was largehot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Your staff was very friendly and helpful.Great location,always have a goodtime in Manchester.Dinner at YE OLDE TAVERN a must..THANKS AGAIN KEN & PAT

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Tina F, Reservations at Palmer House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to notify TripAdvisor of your experience at the Palmer House. We are delighted to hear that you found the staff friendly and helpful. Many have found the location here to be very convenient, especially being able to walk next door to fine dining at the Ye Olde Tavern. Please do let us know if there is anything else we can do to make your future stays with us more enjoyable.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Palmer House in 2008 and went back for a weekend recently. The place is clean and neat and the staff is competent and friendly. It is clearly not a 5 star hotel and although the facility needs some updating, the rates are fair and the location is great. The king bed was comfortable but the pillows were too thick for my taste. The water pressure in the shower was great but the "bath" towels were small, thin and noticeably worn. One of my criteria for a hotel is whether I can get up early in the morning and walk to a "local" spot for good coffee and the newspaper. The Palmer House is a 5 minute stroll to town where there are at least 5 places to accomplish both. The town has some great outlets but sadly some have closed due to the lack of snow and the economy in general. I would not hesitate to stay again at the Palmer House when I am in the area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice. Unless you need the extra space, I would not upgrade to a suite. Bring your own pillow....
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dirkwell
Tina F, Reservations at Palmer House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Palmer House. I am glad to hear of the things that you found to your liking such as the location and price...and even the water pressure! I also appreciate the constructive criticism, as in the pillows being too thick. You are not the first to say that and we have since replaced many of our pillows because of such feedback. We do hope that on future stays with us you will find a continued improvement on our part as we strive to be a destination of choice. Thank you again for being a repeat guest...we hope to see much more of you!
Reservations

Reviewed 20 March 2012

My husband and I needed a quick weekend get-away and the Palmer House was the perfect venue. We really looked forward to the quiet, serene atmosphere this time of year and we were not disappointed. We walked down the path to the restaurant next door, had a great dinner and it was a very relaxing time.The best part of visiting the Palmer House was the special rate that was in effect when we registered! What a pleasant surprise. We look forward to returning again for another get-away soon!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anita G
Tina F, Reservations at Palmer House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Thank you so much for your comments on your recent stay with us. We are always happy when we can offer special rates to our repeat and loyal guests. It's good to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of dining right next door without having to climb in and out of a car! We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

My wife and frequently travel to VT. Whenever we are in Manchester, VT, we always stay at the Palmer House in a suite though in the past we have also stayed in a non suite room. The suites are roomy and include a gas fireplace in winter. We have visited each year since the 1980's and for us it's always been wonderful. Peter the owner and his entire staff are always friendly and extremely accomodating. The accomodations are clean, pleasant and comfortable. The Palmer House enjoys a wonderful location in the town and provides easy access to the surrounding attractions.
Ken W

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Peter B, Assistant Innkeeper at Palmer House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write some upbuilding words about your stay with us at the Palmer House. We couldn't be more delighted to know that you not only enjoyed your stay with us but that you continue to come back! We have the distinct pleasure of welcoming back a growing list of return guests and it is a compliment that we will continue to strive to live up to . Once more, thank you and come back soon!

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Great place. I have been staying at the Palmer House since the early 1990"s..Experience has always been wonderfull. I now stay in a suite for extended annual ski vacations. The suite gives me all the space and comfort I need,especially on non-ski days. It is an easy drive to Bromley, Stratton and Okemo while located in a beautiful town which provides excellent shoping and dining. Very friendly and supportive staff and management.

Room Tip: Suites arebest - Otherwise rooms toward the back.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Stephen S
Peter B, Assistant Manager at Palmer House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. It is always refreshing to hear positive feedback and it is good to know that you are not only taking advantage of the close proximity to three ski areas but also taking time to just relax in one of our deluxe suites! Of particular interest was hearing how you appreciated the friendly and supportive staff, of which I am one of them! We look forward to having you back soon.