“Best wings in town”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
vermont
“Best wings in town”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This Tex-Mex restaurant has without a doubt the best chipolte wings. A tad on the spicy side. Also, they make their own chips and salsa. Believe it or not, they have great hamburgers as well. It is a great place, weather permitting, to sit outside and enjoy their unusual garden with three legendary banana plants.

• Visited October 2013

Blountsville, Alabama
“Some menu items better than others”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my meal at Gringo Jacks. The environment was cool. The things I didn't enjoy was paying for every refill of coke (which seemed to be the case everywhere) and my husband did not enjoy his ribs. They were cooked to death and no favor. My Spanish dish was very good. The chips were good and so was the service.

“Fun place to hang out”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a great place to grab a drink and some finger food; we tried their wings, calamari, and chips and salsa. Oh my, their chips and salsa were so good, one of my friends bought some from the restaurant. We will definitely go back there next time we visit Manchester, VT.

• Visited March 2014
“Horrible dining experience”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Our family/friends were on vacation spending the day at Stratton and wanted to have a good meal to celebrate one if our birthdays. Upon arrival, we were impressed with the atmosphere and seemed to be one of the early arrivals for dinner service. We had asked the hostess if it were possible to have dessert delivered at the end if the meal as a birthday surprise for one of our friends. Appetizers were delivered within a reasonable amount of time but the entrees took approximately 45 mins to come out. As we were eating our meals, the hostess approached us and stated that we had been there for too long and needed to leave!! I explained that the reason for our "extended stay" was a direct result of their delay in food service. I asked to speak to a manager but his involvement only made the situation worse since he reiterated what the hostess had said and asked us to forfeit our birthday dessert plans!! No words can truly express our frustration for having been treated so poorly. This restaurant receives two thumbs down for their inexcusable customer service.

8 Thank Garcov
Saratoga Springs, New York
“My Favorite Place to Eat!”
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We travel about an hour and a half to Manchester, Vermont from Saratoga, NY just to eat here. The Tex-Mex menu has so many choices from authentic Mexican to BBQ.
On arrival, the atmosphere is warm and inviting, and so unique, nuances of Mexico meets 200 year old homestead. Servers bring out handmade flour and corn tortillas and salsa, so delicious. Service is wonderful, staff is friendly and the food is to die for. Slow cooked beef, chicken and pork with outrageous flavors. I recommend anything with their tres chili sauce, I could drink it out of a glass it's so good. Prices are reasonable and an overall satisfying experience. Look forward to going again and again! Enjoy!

Visited February 2014
GringoJacks, Manager at Gringo Jack's, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Oh, thank you so much for that wonderful review! We can't wait to see you back here again!