“VERY Unique experience...which is why you came here!”

Manchester Hot Glass
Ranked #3 of 18 Shopping in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: Manchester Hot Glass is a glass blowing studio & gallery in Manchester, Vermont. Check out our popular Glassblowing 101 class and learn the craft yourself!Having read a few not so hot reviews I would like to add that Glass making is not a slow process. We work with HOT Glass and to do so you need to keep moving. I dont rush people, I work at a pace that is nessassary to make quality glass.
Raleigh, North Carolina
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“VERY Unique experience...which is why you came here!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Andrew's dry wit was only outdone by his expertise. His assistant, Mike was super helpful - these guys are a great team offering a very unique experience. We made vases, rocks glasses, beer pints, and pitchers....they shipped it all home for us. Very fun experience! Try it!

Visited June 2014

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“New appreciation for this art!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

After reading others' reviews of Hot Glass, how could we resist this place when we visited Manchester for school vacation week?! Both Andrew and Molly were unbelievably patient with the 4 of us while walking us through the equipment, the process and finally our own projects. We had a few days to figure out what we wanted to make leading up to our private class in the glass studio and couldn't wait to make our own paperweight, pint glass, cylinder vase and straight bowl - all substantial pieces --alright maybe not the paperweight but mom makes what she wants and she wanted a paperweight. Andrew is funny and so good at what he does and tailored the experience to each one of us while teaching us every step of the way. He encouraged plenty of family photos and lots of great conversation and our time in his studio was nothing less than extraordinary!

Visited May 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent fun, Andrew is great!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My husband, mother in law and sister in law all made a stunning piece of glass with Andrew. It was a lot of fun and well worth paying a little extra to make something other than a paperweight. I made a beautiful carafe which I have thoroughly enjoyed using at home. Andrew is a funny guy who keeps you entertained throughout. When I tell people that I made the carafe they are simply amazed as I was when I actually did it!

Visited October 2013
Elkton, Maryland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“A Must See, Must do.....”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Once in a lifetime experience!! Took the two hour class with Andrew and Molly- they are amazing, knowledgeable, and gracious - several times I almost "lost" the piece I was working on, and they stepped right in and saved the day. Totally worth your time and cost of class - you'll be glad you did! Thank you Andrew and Molly for the memories - great time - learned a lot - laughed a lot!!

Visited April 2014
Newton, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Had such a great time learning to blow glass”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

On an anniversary trip, the Concierge recommended we try glass blowing at Manchester Hot Glass. We had so much fun! We booked the extended private class and was able to make 4 items each. My husband and I each made 2 paperweights, a glass and then an object of choice. I made a vase and my husband made a pitcher.

The staff is funny and informative. They helped us make great art and we had such a good time. It's worth going back just to do it again. We purchased several pieces for wedding gifts which arrived safely to their newlywed owners.

I follow Manchester Hot Glass on facebook and can't wait to order more pieces and to go back again to learn more techniques!

Visited June 2013