“Interesting concept”

Museum of Creative Process
Ranked #15 of 29 things to do in Manchester
More attraction details
Owner description: The Museum of the Creative Process is a center of creative discovery, innovative research, and intellectual retreat. Located in historic Manchester Village on the estate of the Wilburton Inn, the Museum brings together a global array of both modern and traditional creativity. More than just an art center, the Museum is dedicated to understanding the psychological properties of creativity, bridging art and science to gain insight into human relations, interpersonal and interpsychic conflict. Founded and directed by Albert Levis, M.D., the Museum is a haven of artists, scholars, scientists, public intellectuals, and poets.
NJ
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Interesting concept”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Interesting concept from owner of Wilburton Inn.
Not sure if I totally get it. Very eclectic collection.

Visited December 2012

Berkeley, California
“Go Visit & think!”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

The outdoor sculptures are worth the time to visit this property, but the real challenge is in taking the time to think through the theory behind them & their placement.

Visited January 2013
Durham, NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Just a bit weird”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

This 'museum' consists mostly of sculpture on the grounds of the Wilburton Inn. Dr. Levis, the owner, is a psychiatrist who expresses his beliefs about the correlation between conflict resolution and creativity through this 'art'. No such thing as a brief conversation with him, but, despite hardly understanding his 'lecture', we were charmed.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Larry M
Holland, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A beautiful outdoor art colection”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I would recommend this place to anyone who is interested in art, religion, or psychology. This is a walking tour though some interesting outdoor exhibits that will leave your mind wanting more. I’m interested in psychology so I wish I could have spent the whole day there. There are also nice grounds for the aspiring photographer.

Thank you to Theo the child prodigy and tour guide.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Mark W
Kalamata, Greece
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Out of this world!”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The experience was great. My friends and I were staying in Manchester at the Equinox, and decided to take a look. For free, we were given a tour by Dr Levis' charming grandson Theo, who showed us the sculptural trail and the gazebo in less than 2 hours. The art was beautiful, and how it is displayed outdoors in the nature just doesn't do it justice. My family and I learned so much about the creative process, psychiatry, and much more. When we finished the tour, we were able to buy Dr Levis' book about his theories and tests. All my family can agree, it was one of the best museums we have seen on our trip. DEFINITELY a place to revisit!

Visited July 2012