“Divine”

Silver Fork
Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
connecticut
“Divine”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My husband and I ate here Tuesday Nov 12th. We immediately booked the following night after we finished our dinner,,. And took a 6pm the following night. Only 7 tables, a great menu, a chef who clearly knows not only what he is going but delivers, but finally a wife,,Melody who makes it all come together. The menu is farm to table, but the choices are many. I began the first night with a tuna sashimi, my husband had the spaghetti squash. Both divine! Then my husband had the cod wrapped around crab meat....yes fresh crab meat..no breading just all fish in a fantastic light sauce. I had the special the pheasant brilliantly prepared . We shared an apple tartin with ice cream..home made! divine. The following night I copied my husbands meal...he had a fish stew so light. Of course we shared the dessert. The escargot en croute was very popular.. To be honest every meal looked fantastic. Now their wine list.... Perfect. By the glass or bottle, if you wanted a taste no problem, pricing very very reasonable. But did I mention that this husband and wife team and their incredible staff make this such an incredible restaurant. I know we will be back after the first of the year.... So between the inn at Ormsby Hill and this spectacular restaurant I hope there is a spot for us.

1 Thank trigger1070

Sapa, Vietnam
“Great little place . Must make reservation prior”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Atmosphere was great and our waitress was amazing. I was not really sure about the red wines and she brought me 5 to taste. She always had a smile and was very attentive. The food was good but not great. Ordered escargot and liked them even though never had them the way the chef prepared them. Not crazy about the potato and gruyere cheese appetizer: thought it had to little cheese and lots potato. The special slow cooked pheasant over the pumpkin raviolis had bones and the skin was really chewy but the raviolis were delicious w the pecans. My husbands meat was a bit undercooked. Overall we enjoyed it and would return. We recommend it.

1 Thank BrunaE1225
Chicago, Illinois
“This is one of the best restaurants you will ever eat at.”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Delightful small restaurant with extremely personal service and food to die for. The menu is huge and I am amazed at how much they offer in such a small space.

One of the owners made sure throughout the evening to check on us and make sure everything was perfect. I had the salmon strudel and it was wonderful. Very innovative cuisine and tasty. My dining companion had the beef stroganoff and it was just as good. The salads were nicely done.

I have difficulty remembering all the finer touches since this was a few nights ago, but what I do recall vividly was the feeling that this was a special evening of extraordinary food and I really liked it. We had read about The Silver Fork ahead of time and prepared to eat there - and I am so glad we did. It was well worth it and we would do it again when we return to the area. I was just blown away by the quality.

We highly recommend this restaurant as a must experience restaurant in Manchester.

1 Thank ChicagoLooper
Oceanside, California
“A Romantic Dinner For Two”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Although we could not get a table for two, and had to sit at the bar, the service and food was fabulous. The Pomegranate Lemon Martini was a great cocktail to enjoy and start our evening.

Visited September 2013
Adams, Massachusetts
“Amazing dinner”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Just finished dinner. For apps, we shared both chicken bites with lime & cilantro and lobster risotto. To die for! Entrees were Maryland crabcake and chicken marsala. Desserts were mango floating island and Caribbean bread pudding. Outstanding! Service was impeccable, the food fresh and hot. Amazing from beginning to end. This is a jewel in Manchester. Pam & Ed St. John

Visited November 2013