“Best kept dining secret in Manchester”

Nipper's Cafe & Steakhouse
Ranked #10 of 61 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$10 - US$33
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North Road
Description: A casual dining experience offering exceptional meals at breakfast and dinner. All of our sauces, soups and dressings our handcrafted on our property. We serve prime cut steaks, fresh seafood, pork loin (one of the favorites after the steaks and seafood) at dinner, along with hamburgers, salads and panini's. Nipper's has become popular amongst the locals and tourist for serving up outstanding fresh food. Whenever possible we use all local produce or preferably the vegetables come from our own organic or hydroponic gardens. At breakfast we offer 11 different kinds of eggs benedicts and you are able to choose from 2 or 3 eggs. We offer a variety of griddle items (cinnamon french toast, pancakes and more) with mix or max options. Of course our corned beef hash is homemade. We have a variety of omelettes and you are able to have them prepared with egg whites if you like. We are located 1.5 miles North of town on route 7A - Go the extra mile, we do.
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I have been reluctant to write this review for only one selfish reason. We love the place and have enjoyed having it to ourselves. This is really not fair as Karen and Adam have knocked themselves out to create a casual but comfortable ambiance. Their attention to detail does not end with their decor, but shines right through to their excellent food and its presentation. It is one of the few restaurants where my wife and I can talk and actually hear each other. Steak au poivre (either the filet or the strip steak) is excellent and one of the best I have ever eaten. It is hard to order anything else as it is so good. My wife likes the Salmon and have had the pork chop stuffed with gorgonzola and pear. A marriage made in heaven. Deserts are great as well and should be tried. Most of the time we do not have room due to the size of the portions. I think most people have a hang up going to a motel for an excellent meal. Put it out or your mind. You will be glad you did. The double bonus is that everything is reasonably priced including the small selection of wines. The triple bonus is the owners and staff are very nice. Tell them Dick sent you.

bellad10, Owner at Nipper's Cafe & Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

We both greatly appreciate it that you took the time to write the review and that you are trying to spread the word to your friends of where we are. Several of your friends joined us over the Christmas Holiday and I believe they all told us that "Dick sent them." It is always a pleasure to wait on both of you and I always enjoy our conversation. Hopefully we won't ever let you down. Many thanks for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

This is another new restaurant in Manchester VT with fantastic reviews. As of this time it's #1 on Tripadvisor. We always have breakfast at Up For Breakfast but IMO Nippers is better. I had the Huervos Ranchors and it was great. About $2 less than UFB and much better. My wife had an omelette that was perfectly done. And the chef's beignets at the end of the meal was a nice touch.
They also now serve dinner as well and I'm sure it will be worth it too.

bellad10, Owner at Nipper's Cafe & Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

I believe you ate with us three out of five days in Manchester for breakfast - and if I remember correctly you were staying at the Equinox - that in itself says a lot. Hopefully next year when you return for your annual Equinox visit you will join us for dinner. It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. Many thanks for writing the review.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

We were visiting friends in Dorset and had an opportunity to patronize Nipper's for breakfast last Saturday. The hash and eggs were the best I have ever eaten. It was prepared perfectly. The portion was ample without being over the top. Great coffee and perfectly attentive service. It makes me wish we lived closer.

We are delighted that your friends from Dorset thought to bring you to Nipper's so glad you enjoyed the hash. We hope that you cN join us for dinner the next time you are in our neck of the woods. Many thanks for taking the time to write the review.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

The food was fantastic; the dining room was warm and friendly. I will definitely recommend to friends.

Thanks again for staying with us while u were in town and joint us this time at Nipper's cafe and steak house so glad you found the food to be fantastic and the dining room warm and friendly. That is certainly what we tried to do when we created the space. Hope to see you next June when u return the area. Many thanks for writing the review.

Reviewed 20 December 2011

Recently we stopped in to Nipper's Cafe and were thrilled. A nice quiet atmosphere in a brand new setting. I had the best steak that I've had in town in a long time - maybe ever. My husband had steak tips and was equally pleased. The prices are below the norm for this area which makes it an extra special find. We haven't tried breakfast yet but after the great meal and service, it won't be long before we do!

Yippeeeee a dinner review. The steaks are very good and you are correct priced well below what they should be. Glad that you found the dining room to be nice and clean and the cost affordable. Hope u come back real soon for breakfast or dinner. Thank u very much for taking the time to write this review. It means a bunch.