“Average food, average service”
Review of Chop House

Chop House
Ranked #24 of 61 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Seated at a nice table; however, the air conditioning was so cold we could not digest our food. Wine list is cheap. Steaks mainly.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Have eaten here many times. The cusine is top notch and there are always a lot of tempting items on the menu. We usually opt for steak, which has always been good. Good wine selection as well.
Overall though, we prefer to go to the Marsh Tavern (its sister restaurant in thee same hotel) because its less expensive, more casual and we can get the same wine list.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is a "big night out" restaurant, but really worth it when you have the right moment. The Equinox takes this restaurant very seriously...the best ingredients and the preparation of the food is amazingly good. A complete focus on steaks, meat and "big meal" atmosphere. The waiters are knowlegeable and service comes with a deserving smile. We have been there three or four times now over the years and the results have always been the same. It's the best restaurant in Vermont and should be a "must do" on any serious foodies' list.

It's expensive, so be forwarned, but it is worth it in spades. And remember the desserts too!

Reviewed 27 May 2013 via mobile

A truly great dining experience! From the setting in Manchester to the dessert to the great steaks this is the place in Vermont!

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I found the food salty and tasteless beyond that. I'm used to dining in steak houses in Nj and Ny so I have high expectations. My $60 steak was chewy fatty and was short on flavor. The lobster bisque was salty with no depth to the flavor and only tasted ok once you mixed in the creme fresh. The creamed spinach was pathetic as it was watery and the cream ran through to form a piddle at the bottom so I was essentially eating just spinach. I have tasted far better microwave in a bag versions. i was v disappointed. The service was excellent though and it was a nice atmosphere. The cost was $200 for two main courses and a shared starter for my wife and I plus drinks. I would recommend ye olde tavern as I had a wonderful steak there for $28 and it was 10 times that of the chop house.