“Best in Class”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2013

If you want one of the world's best meals, dine here. Filet Mignon was best I've ever had. Sorry Morton's. Everything was great! Service was good.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Went to the Chop House with a group of the family for a birthday celebration, and found it to meet all the expectations of a fine steakhouse, and really exceeded expectations. First, since we're borderline wine snobs, we asked to have the wine list emailed to us, so we could have the bottle we wanted opened and breathing before we got there. Within the next 30 minutes, we had the list, and attempted to connect with the concierge to get them opened. I know without a doubt that if we had connected (this was totally our issue) they would have had the bottles opened. During dinner, we had a fantastic waiter, who kept the 9 of us engaged and giggling throughout the evening. A few high points on the meal: the salted bread served with a fantastically creamy butter was a great start to the meal. You'll remember for some time. The lobster bisque was tomato based, so not exactly to my liking, but good nonetheless. The steaks, however, were exactly what I would expect a steak to be, and the side dishes of the lobster macaroni and cheese, cream corn, and the baked potato were delightful. This is definitely on the list of return visits.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

My companion and I decided on the Chophouse because he was hungry, and their menu boasted a sixteen ounce prime ribeye. Our trip was spur of the moment, so we called for reservations late on Saturday evening. We secured a 9 pm reservation, but went ahead of time, and we were seated earlier. I would give them a 4 out of 5 for reservation handling.

They have two bar areas where you can wait. We chose the small bar in the Tavern area. Bob, our bartender, who has been there over 20 years, was busy but prompt and efficient. The bar snacks included mixed nuts and pretzel sticks. I would give the bar experience a 4 out of 5 due to the chairs which were not comfortable enough to warrant a long stay. The bartender rated a 5 for doing his job well and juggling several things at one time.

We were seated in the dining room of the Chophouse which is small, intimate, and with a minimalist decor (with a fireplace.) Our server, Walid, was prompt, knowledgeable, and courteous. He took the time to explain each menu section, and followed up promptly to be sure we were satisfied. The server gets a 5 rating.

Now the food....I ordered a Prime Sirloin for $49 and my companion ordered the ribeye for $48. All salads and sides are a la carte (sides for $7 each and the salads were about $14.) We opted for a side of macaroni and cheese, which was shareable, but did not have enough cheese and was slightly dry. I was disappointed that broccoli was not offereed on the menu, however, the waiter offered to round up some asparagus. I went with the steamed vegetables which were plain, tasteless, and not shareable. Our steaks were cooked perfectly, although they seemed smaller than advertised. Two steaks, two sides, and two drinks cost $155 pre-tip. We felt that this was high for Manchester VT, and although we enjoyed the experience over all, we would not return. I regret not trying The Reluctant Panther.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Celebrated our anniversary their and had a great NY strip and incredible black pepper sauce. Terrific service and a meal to remember!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Really a simple review. This place has great steaks. If you want something from Marsh Tavern(or vice versa)they can accomodate you. Filet Mignon is fantastic..Don't for get the side sauces!!