“Excellent as expected”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Excellent as expected”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Stamford last July, and when it came time to pick a weekend getaway this spring, we knew exactly where to go. Just like our last stay, everything about the place was great - clean cozy rooms and friendly smiles. This place is seriously an excellent find!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
SallyH123, Owner at The Stamford Motel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thanks for staying with us again and many thanks for writing the review. It sound as though the wedding was awesome and congrats on the job changes. We look forward to you guys returning in the near future. Many thanks once again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Hebrew first
Colts Neck
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We chose the Stamford Motel based on Tripadvisor reviews from folks travelling with dogs. We were not disappointed. The room and locale were very convenient. Everything was clean and neat. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our breakfast at Nippers was very good as well.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dogs are welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a bunch for finding us and bringing your pet - well behaved pets are always welcome and you have a great one. We look forward to you returning when you are back in VT. Thanks for writing the review.
Easton
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My sons and I were very happy with the Stamford Motel. The room was clean, comfortable and cute. The rates were affordable and the management was very pleasant. I would stay there again if we were to find ourselves back in Manchester (which is a lovely littte town with the best bookstore EVER!!)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
SallyH123, Owner at The Stamford Motel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Northshire Bookstore is great place to spend a bunch of time. My whole family loves it. We greatly appreciate that you guys stayed with us and many many thanks for taking the time to write this great review. I feel so bad that I totally over looked this and have not responded until now especially since it was such a great review. Not sure how I missed it.
Fernandina Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I was in Manchester for a 7 day stay (which turned into 10) and chose The Stamford Motel for my entire stay. My room beautifully appointed with wonderful bedding and a cozy decor. The rates were extremely affordable and the staff, Karen, Adam and their daughters treated me like family! Nippers Cafe was awesome for both breakfast and dinner. I had great meals there during my stay and would highly recommend The Stamford and Nippers Cafe to anyone! When I return to Vermont for my next visit I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
SallyH123, Owner at The Stamford Motel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Cindy it was a pleasure having you stay with us. I still can't believe you extended your stay :) Many many thanks for taking the time to write the review. We look forward to you returning and catching up again. Hope Alex is doing well.
Farmington, CT
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We spent the weekend in Manchester. We found the Stamford to live up to it's reputation. It was clean, friendly and affordable. We had breakfast a Nippers and it was very good.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Ted it was a pleasure meeting you and your family. Sorry it was such a short weekend for you guys. Thanks a bunch for finding time to write the review. Hopefully you'll return again next year.
Louisa
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We were driving from CT to VT, and happened upon this delightful place. The scenery is beautiful, and the owners are so friendly and accommodating. We had no real plans, but to enjoy time away from the office, and every suggestion was perfect from the Vermont Country Store (only 30 minutes away) to the fly tie shop next door for my husband's fly fishing collection (Gloria Jordan was lovely! www.gloriajordanflyfishing.com). We only had breakfast at Nipper's Cafe, but it was delicious. I highly recommend the Stamford and if I am ever North again, this is where I will stay.

Room Tip: Room 5 is a warm room - perfect for a southerner!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
You guys were great. I'm still amazed that you would go wherever your GPS would take you. Hopefully you cured your shopping bug. Gloria stopped back in and was ecstatic that you had returned to her shop to purchase the book on her late husband. You guys were very enjoyable thanks a bunch for writing the review.
Long Island , New York
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My friend and I picked The Stamford from the previous great reviews we saw on Trip Advisor.
We found that the reviews were true to their word which was awesome ! The rooms are clean and quaint with a beautiful view ! The staff is so warm and friendly and accomodating . The restaurant was very good food and service . Definitely planning a return trip someday !

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Marybeth F
SallyH123, Owner at The Stamford Motel & Restaurant, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
So happy that you found the reviews to be true. It was a pleasure to have you and we look forward to your return. Many thanks for taking the time to write the review.