“Clean and comfortable.”

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Massachusetts
“Clean and comfortable.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

The motel is a little outdated but was extremely clean and very comfortable. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. It was a value for the price. It was close to several good restaurants and not far from the center of town where all the shopping outlets are.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kurt1340

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Boucherville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We loved our stay at this motel, which greatly exceeded our expectations. Lovely location and beautiful grounds. The room was positively HUGE, meticulously clean and well appointed. We recommend it and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in the Annex.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Georgette L
Albany, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I had come back to the room one day and every item my friends and I had left outside of our suitcases had been moved and put into our bags. The housekeeper had also taken brand new items out of a shopping bag and put the new items into my suitcase and threw out the bag, and threw out my friends brand new deodorant. We called and complained to the front desk and they never got back to us. A few days later when we were packing up our bags my friend was missing a pair of very expensive jeans, numerous make up items, and I was missing a belt and a few make up items as well. A friend of mine staying in another room was also missing a belt from her suitcase. When we went to the hotel owner he was extremely rude to us and told us to go to the police if we wanted anything done about the situation.

One of the worst customer experiences I've ever encountered!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank EMD823
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I review a lot of hotels as I travel a lot and I have never given any hotel, motel or Inn a terrible rating before, but this place is a dirty, creepy looking place. When we drove up to the motel the paint was chipping off of the building and the place is clearly run down. The outside is better than the inside, believe it or not. The inside was musty and dirty. We walked in the door of the room and right back out and down to the office and left. The guy at the desk said he would try to not charge us for the night, because we had not used anything in the room, but of course the charge showed up on my card. I would rather sleep in my car or in a tent outside then stay here ever. He mentioned I was travelling with my dog, like I should be happy to stay in the dump. I have stayed in 5 star hotels with my pet who is much cleaner and quieter than many people's human children. She is a very good guest and a very seasoned traveler.
I am surprised Manchester has not condemned the place. The motel would not be worth staying if it was only $30.00 a night let alone the over one hundred dollars we were charged for two minutes in the room at the Chalet Motel aka Bates Motel in Vermont. Do yourself a favor, stay in Shaftsbury, VT at the Govenors Rock Motel it is clean and cute and pet friendly.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor, stay in Shaftsbury, VT at the Govenors Rock Motel it is clean and cute and pet...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Travelleranddog
Conestoga, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

made arrangements to leave a vehicle here while hiking on the Appalachian Trail for a week, very accommodating. Check in and out was easy ... rooms were huge and comfortable. chairs in front and the small deck behind the room made it easy to sit around and talk with my hiking companions.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

My son and I did a travel trip in the northern part of NY the first weekend in April this year and had booked this hotel a few weeks ahead. We stayed only for one night as we were travelling the next morning. We arrived at around 4pm and first, the scenery was beautiful. We arrived at the main hotel to be greeted by this quaint, rustic ski resort (ish) lobby. Nothing fancy but decorated rustic style. The person that checked us in was very friendly and helpful. The room we had booked was in their annex which was a few mins down the road and looked just like were we checked in without the lobby.

When we arrived and opened the door, the room was huge. I mean huge. Great for skiers with all their equipment, winter clothing and boots. Still there would be plenty of room. The room itself was not fancy or elegant but had this very homey, comfortable feel. We loved it. There was a patio door in the back of the room overlooking a huge common area. There was a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker and coffee/tea supplies. And to our surprise, there was free Wi-Fi with excellent reception.

That evening we decided to grab a bite to eat and were looking for some live entertainment. We found a great spot maybe 4 miles from the hotel called the Perfect Wife. Actually, we went to the Other Women Tavern which is right next door. The food was very affordable. We had crab cakes and they were delicious. The live band was like a jazz-funk band and very enjoyable.

I would definitely stay at the Chalet Motel again in a heart beat. Great bedroom, comfortable, spacious and minutes away from restaurants and downtown Manchester.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank agarneau
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed here for one night after reading good reviews on Trip Advisor. I must say I was very impressed. We got a room with two double beds, floor space that was big enough to do cartwheels in, a deck, a full bathroom with full tub, a fridge, two sinks and more space around everything than you'd ever need. And all of this for under $100, it was great! The motel was nice and quiet and clean. It is a little outdated, but that didn't bother us one bit. My only word of caution is the bed was a little hard, but nothing serious. Great place and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: The rooms in the annex are huge! And the rooms in the 200 building have decks off the back.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends