“weekend getaway”

Manchester View
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

very neat clean, and quiet. High on hill overlooking the mountain side.
only stayed for one night ,but wished we stayed for
longer. this place is north of town not to far as to go for dinner at any time.
we normally stay at the Arlington Inn.

Room Tip: check out the web site
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ManchesterView, Owner at Manchester View, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thanks for staying with us this time around and for taking the time to review The Manchester View. As you jmentioned, our location is ideal; just a mile and 3/4 from the middle of busy downtown and close to the area's shopping and dining options. We hope you come back for a longer stay!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

If you want a clean place to stay, a great view, quiet, close to town at the best price, this is the place to stay. We have stayed in Bed & Breakfast and Country Inns over the years and enjoyed them immensely. But if you have a leaner budget these days, this is the place to stay. We have stayed here frequently and it is consistent, clean and reasonable.

Room Tip: We stayed in the basic room this time but have also stayed in their rooms with their fireplaces and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ManchesterView, Owner at Manchester View, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review The Manchester View. We appreciate you being a return guest, and enjoy hosting your visits. As you mentioned, we have Queen Standard rooms at a reasonable price. In addition, we offer a full array of room choices from Queen Deluxe with 2 beds and Premium King rooms to specialty rooms and suites.

Since you mentioned champagne tastes, we offer our guests the option to purchase champagne complete with glass flutes engraved with The Manchester View logo. We offer other optional packages as well all throughout the year including The Vermont Welcome Basket full of Vermont-made goodies and red or white wine.

We look forward to your next visit; summer with its beautiful flora and autumn with its colorful leaves are both wonderful times to come!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We've stayed here before and it continues to be a lovely place at a reasonable rate. The beds are comfortable, the towels are thick, the water pressure is good, and there's a Keurig and a refrigerator. It's close to the Manchester Country Club and not too far from downtown Manchester with all its good restaurants and shopping. We'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank StillTravelingVT
ManchesterView, Owner at Manchester View, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thanks so much for returning to The Manchester View and for your review. We’re pleased that our inn is perfect for your golf tournament stay. The “View” is also fabulous in autumn, with the leaves' colors blazing. We’d love for you to see it! We look forward to hosting your next visit to Manchester!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I have been a frequent business guest of the Manchester View for several months and have been extremely pleased with the quality of service, character of their rooms, and overall hospitality they have provided me. My stays have varied from two to five consecutive nights and I have always felt welcomed and enjoyed interacting with the staff. I would highly recommend this establishment as a place to stay if you are in the Manchester, Vt area for either business or pleasure. Garth Greenier

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for staying with us often! We appreciate your kind words and are so glad you’ve been pleased with everything at The Manchester View. We pride ourselves on our hospitality and enjoy hearing that we’ve surpassed our guests’ expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

After being hired by a local business, I was faced with starting employment without having found a
home to rent. Thus I was faced with living in a motel for a month or more as I worked and searched for my new home. The entire staff was not only kind and supportive, they were helpful! I cannot say enough about the warmth and generous spirit of the staff, from owners and office workers to housekeeping--all were responsive to my various needs during this stressful transition from PA to VT. Also, my room was clean, well furnished and had a gorgeous mountain view. I highly recommend Manchester View to friends, family and travelers.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tadarling
ManchesterView, Owner at Manchester View, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear T. Darling,

Thanks so much for your kind words. You were a pleasure to have as a guest. We're so glad we were able to make your transition easier. Our staff enjoyed having you here, and we all wish you much success in your new home and job!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I booked this hotel weeks out and did not look at their cancellation policy. I was dismayed to learn (after calling to cancel several days before my visit), that unless you give them 2 weeks notice you ARE Charged! My fault but who has such a restrictive cancellation policy these days??

I'm sure its a fine property but with a policy like that I would never stay here.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joanneBarrington_il
ManchesterView, Owner at Manchester View, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

We were surprised to see your ill comments on tripadvisor.com. In order to make a reservation on our website, a check box is required acknowledging our cancellation policy, otherwise the reservation will not proceed. The check box states “I have read and agree to the terms and conditions.” In addition, when a reservation is processed, a confirmation letter is sent to the guest immediately, and this letter clearly spells out the arrival, departure, type of room and our “cancellation policy.”

The two-week cancellation policy is imposed by most, if not all, the properties in Manchester. You cancelled your reservation 4 days prior to arrival. Before then, you changed the dates of your reservation, and we waived the change fee of $35. Then, you added your dog to the reservation, and we kindly did not charge the $20 per day pet charge. Lastly, we went the extra mile and offered you a credit to use for a future stay by June 30, 2014.

The majority of our guests think our property is wonderful as you can see from prior reviews on tripadvisor.com. Our property would not be Number 3 if our policies and property were not thought highly of. We hope you have the chance to experience it for yourself on the credit we have extended to you. We look forward to your visit!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I had to stay in Manchester for a conference and was unable to stay where the conference was being hosted. I found the Manchester View on expedia and thought it looked cute. Not only that, I was able to get it for a great price. I was warmly welcomed upon check in and kindly directed to my room. Once I got into my room I was struck by the simple charm and cute little touches. I smiled when I saw a sticker on the toilet paper where it is normally folded into the standard triangle. The in-room keurig and green mountain coffee was a wonderful touch as well. Well done, Pat and Tom!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Tina A
ManchesterView, Owner at Manchester View, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

We’re so glad The Manchester View brought a smile to your face! Our front desk staff is warm and friendly, and always aiming to please. Thank you for noticing the little touches we add to each room. We invite you to come back again! And keep smiling!