“great motel!”

North Shire Lodge & Mountain View Pub
Ranked #2 of 12 Manchester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2007

The North Shire is a terrific motel if cleanliness, a friendly staff, and a beautiful location are important to you. The room was spotless, large, and updated. The view out of the large sliding doorway is gorgeous. If you want swanky, go elsewhere. Otherwise, the North Shire is for you!!!!

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank jmichael-6
There are newer reviews for North Shire Lodge & Mountain View Pub

Reviewed 3 August 2007

OK, I'll be honest. here. In the past I always had an image of "motels" as being something stuck in the 1950's with musty rooms, cheap furniture, and a cranky chainsmoking curmudgeon or even worse, Anthony Perkins at the desk who took your money and threw a key at you and that was that. It was a completely pleasant shock to me that I not only liked the Northshire Motel, I was actually hoping that Tim and Kerry might offer adopt me before I checked out so I could move in! I honestly cannot think of one bad thing about this place and I am a pretty picky person. I called several times before actually booking a room to check availability because I was not sure what my dates would be. Kerry was pleasant everytime I called and she took my number and offered to call me if rooms should start filling up before I could call her back with my dates. She genuinely wanted to help and the fact that she went that extra step impressed me. Throughout out stay, the owners were a wonderful source of information about the area and were easy to talk to. We arrived and checked in quickly and were warmly greeted. Our room was leaps and bounds beyond my expectations. It was not anything luxurious but it was spotless and newly renovated. The beds were new and extremely comfortable. The entire side of the room that is facing the road with the mountain view is made of a glass sliding door with a screen. The view is breath taking. If it was any further back from the road the view would not be what it is and I never noticed noise from passing cars during my stay. There were also some lawn chairs outside our room where were were able to sit and relax under the big shady tree. There was a new air conditioner that was appreciated in the summer heat ,and there was also a fridge that we were grateful for as well. The bathroom was spotless and had a blow dryer and lots of clean towels and the bath mat was cleaned daily. There was a central room that had a fireplace, lots of beer and wine glasses and games if you should want to relax and bring in your own alcohol and sit for a while. Outside this room is a deck that was being painted while were there but I would imagine that it would also make for a nice peaceful area for sitting and taking in the surrounding views. Behind the motel is a large in ground heated swimming pool that was well maintained and a pleasure to swim in. Just off from the front desk area is a small room where there were breakfast items and coffee available in the morning for guests including bagels, english muffins, oatmeal,sweet breads such as banana and pumpkin cranberry. There were also bookcases full of movies for borrowing and a computer available for guest use which was extermely helpful for me in mapping out directions and looking up a few things that I would not been able to if I had not had this amenity. The rooms are also equipped for wireless internet access too should you have your laptop with you. If you are looking for a spotlessly clean room with fabulous views and a warm comfrotable atmosphere that won't break the bank, this is definitely the place you should consider. I came for one night and ended up staying longer I found it so comfy and relaxing. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
7  Thank cupcakegirl
Reviewed 30 July 2007

We stayed at the North Shire for several years until we finally moved to the area in the past year or so.

Spectacular place to stay! Just far enough of the chaos that is Manchester Village (Equinox area) and that of the outlets and conveniently on RT 7A towards Bennington.

Wonderful breakfast which includes some of Kerry's homemade baked goods and other treats.

If you head back early after dinner, there's an entire VHS video library from which you can choose in the lobby to watch in your rooms (each one has a VHS/DVD player). Also, there's WiFi all over the grounds - I think it even works up at the swimming pool.

Excellent value, cleanest, tidiest rooms and friendliest service from the Walker family and a warm welcome from their little dog Tipper. Couldn't ask for more!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank nutella42
Reviewed 20 June 2007

Great place to stay. A diamond in the rough. The rooms are beautiful, clean, and each has a spectacular view. The main lodge area has many movies and games that you can either take back with you to your room or into a back lounging room that is so cozy. I hope when you drive through Manchester that you take a break at this great motel.

• Stayed: June 2007
4  Thank roadtripperNE
Reviewed 23 April 2007

This is a great AFFORDABLE motel (with bed and breakfast atmosphere) just outside of Manchester Vermont on 7A. I recommend it for couples or families.

They have a great comfortable tavern/pub gathering room with a beautiful deck and view for adults to BYOB or just relax, a huge selection of tapes and DVD's and games to borrow and a terrific breakfast/snack room. Continental breakfast of cereal, cereal bars, bagels, english muffins, toast, coffee, tea & juice is included with your stay. There is also snacks and cold drinks and a microwave and ice machine available in the breakfast room for use at any time. We checked out the pool which looked really nice but was not open yet due to being too early in the season.

I can't find a bad thing at all to say about this place. The rooms were SPOTLESS....and I really looked and couldn't find a spec of dust or dirt. The bed was very comfortable and all the furniture and decor was great. Terrific water pressure in the shower!

I would stay here again in a heartbeat and recommend it highly. You cannot beat the value for the Manchester area.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
10  Thank onemantwokids
Reviewed 14 January 2007

We came for Manchester for the outlet shops and to get away and relax. We chose the North Shire Motel because it looked nice and was well priced. WOW!! Everything about this place was Amazing!! Clean, warm, quiet, nice innkeepers, and a great breakfast! Our friends stayed at a different place and soon joined us at the North Shire Motel because it was much better then where they were staying, and also better then most of the places they looked at to stay. Everything was perfect!! Thanks Tim and Kerry!!

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled as a couple
7  Thank RickyDickieDo
Reviewed 30 December 2006

We stayed at the Northshire for two nights. The innkeepers are very lovely, the motel is very clean and the rooms were comfortable. The motel is set out of the town of Manchester and is quiet and private. If the owners were to upgrade it a little bit, it would be really wonderful..The towels were small white typical motel towels, and if the owners sprung for fluffy big bathtowels, it would be a tremendous improvement. Also, the blankets are the cheap motel type ones, if there were duvets with down or down like fil in them, it would raise this lovely plain motel into something quite great. Maybe it would stop being a motel and become a country inn.

5  Thank lolamia