“Charming, welcoming and cozy!”
Review of Seth Warner Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manchester
Seth Warner Inn
Ranked #7 of 12 Manchester B&B and Inns
NJ
“Charming, welcoming and cozy!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We had a wonderful two night stay during a March ski trip. Stasia and Richard are perfect and entertaining hosts, serving up sumptuous breakfast, local lore and many stories. Rooms are very comfortable, nicely appointed and a perfect home away from home.

They even set out a nice cheese and apple platter for apres ski.

We will go back!!

Room Tip: Ask for a brook or pond view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Morog

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cranford, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The day at the Seth Warner begins with a wonderful breakfast consisting of juice and fresh fruit at the start. This is followed by a main course which is a culinary delight. Finally, homemade baked muffins and cake top off breakfast. The entire course is accompanied with coffee and tea.

The inn is kept immaculately clean. The five rooms are cozy and warm. The furnishings are consistent with the history of the inn and are very comfortable. Each room has a bath which is more than adequate and well stocked with toiletries and towels. The atmosphere of the rooms is one of the warmth and quiet solitude. The sitting room and library are warmed by a cozy fireplace which is provides a perfect setting for reading and relaxation.

The surrounding grounds consist of a pond, lawns, flowers, brook, paths and the start of hiking trail. In autumn, the nearby trees provide a backdrop of colorful foliage. When winter arrives, the inn glows against the snow covered grounds and exudes an inviting feeling of warmth. There are plenty of local restaurants and eateries which have been recommended by Stasha and Richard. In addition, the inn is also in close proximity to the ski resorts and shopping outlets.

Over the many years that my wife and I have returned to the inn for a peaceful time away from our professions, Stasha and Richard have become a part of our family. During the fall, my daughters and their cousin stay at the inn to spend some quality time together and do their Christmas shopping. I would recommend the Seth Warner Inn without reservation, to anyone wishing for an enjoyable and relaxing time away.

-Dr. and Mrs. Paul Bolanowski

Room Tip: We have stayed in all the rooms on the second floor and found them all to be exceptionally comfortab...
Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 October 2013

To experience the "real" vermont, stay at this B & B. Stasia and Richard epitomize the sincerity, the warmth, the friendliness and the caring attitude and helpfulness of Vermonters. The place is situated beautifully in the valley of the Equinox mountains, and is idyllic in its setting. The Inn is immaculately clean and excellently maintained. Stasia's breakfasts are culinary treats, both for the stomach and to the eye. They are plentiful, and after the main food is served (presented exquisitely by Richard), there is always a baked-from-scratch treat to finish off the meal. Stasia and Richard like to talk to their guests, and are fonts of information for restaurants, places to visit, special scenic hide-aways, etc. My husband and I stay at the inn 2-3 times a year, and have been doing so for 10+ years. It doesn't get any better than the Seth Warner Inn!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank phyllis t
roselle park
Reviewed 18 October 2013

just returned from my 6th visit to the seth warner inn needless to say im sitting here missing the inn as I always do when I leave .It has always been a dream of mine to run a b&b and this is the place of my dreams.Sasha and Richard are wonderful inn keepers Richard makes breakfast a lesson in history combined with stand up comedy.every meal that Sasha prepares is a treat just had her cottage cakes and they are wonderful the hardest choice I have is picking a room they are all so cozy and beautiful I get homesick for the seth warner when I leave there is a reason that we see the same people there every year,once you stay there you will always come back we have stayed at many inns in the area but we finally found our Vermont home.

1 Thank leslie g
Harrisburg, PA
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Just returned home from Seth Warner Inn and am already missing the hospitality and friendship of Stasia and Richard. We have been visiting Manchester area over the past 12 years and always stay at Seth Warner because it has become a home away from home. We usually travel there the same week in October and have come to know many of the guests who return at the same time every year as well. Staying at the Seth Warner is like going home to visit family without the family tension. Stasia and Richard are gracious hosts who will do anything to make their guests feel comfortable and welcomed. They are knowledgeable about area dining, hiking, events, shopping and services. My husband broke his glasses while we were there and they told us where to get them fixed...cost us $7...cheapest part of the trip :-) Stasia bakes every morning, and her breakfasts are delicious, prepared from local ingredients, and beautifully presented. If you go away hungry, it is your own fault. All of the rooms are charming and immaculate, but I love the Hester Warner room and stay there as often as possible when we return. The entire B&B is charming and exhibits the love and care of its owners. If you want Vermont charm and warm hospitality at a reasonable rate, book the Seth Warner Inn. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: All the rooms are charming. I love the Hester Warner because the four windows give a view of the pon...
1 Thank pattyruth
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My wife and I first stayed at the inn in 1987. We visited Vermont often and always stayed at B&B's. When we found this gem we vowed never to stay anywhere else when we were in the Manchester area. Over the years we have enjoyed many visits. Stasia and Rich make you feel as if you are one of the family. The rooms are comfortable and beautifully decorated. The breakfasts are creative and delicious. The inn is convenient to all activities and is just a pleasant place to stay. We highly recommend this beautiful B&B to the weary traveler.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom B
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My wife had written a review that I completely agree with. This was an amazing time that could not have been better. It was like staying with relatives that you didn't know you had. What prompted me to write this review was seeing the ranking of alternative places to stay. Other family members were at another place that is rated much higher by whatever scale TripAdvisor uses. Let me just say simply that they were incredibly jealous of our accommodation at the Seth Warner Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family