“Exceeded Expectations!!”
Review of Weathervane Motel

Weathervane Motel
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I booked the Weathervane Hotel for mid week escape for my parents. They stayed at the property 30 years ago and had fond memories of their time there. New owners Murveta and Petar have taken over the property since then and have done a fantastic job creating a welcome and inviting hotel.

The rooms are large, clean and well appointed. I booked a King size deluxe room for two nites. When I dropped my parents off, they were fondly greeted by the owner. She said not to worry about checking in now, to go get settled in and refresh themselves, they could take care of the formalities later or the next morning.

The room included a wonderful electric fireplace that looked like the real thing and gave off ample warmth. The bathroom was large, wi-fi was free and my dad enjoyed the directtv.

I highly recommend this property. The staff was wonderful and full of excellent suggestions.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms have awesome electric fireplaces that look and feel like the real thing.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrbodywork

Reviewed 10 October 2011

My boyfriend and I planned a semi last minute trip to Manchester to view the foliage. There was not much availability and I am a bit of a hotel snob. I don't like patterned bed spreads and get grossed out by dirty carpets, out dated bathrooms, etc.
We were not willing to spend the money on the Equinox and we found the Weathervane at $175 per night. Lowest rate around.
We checked in late and they had the tv on and heat going. The room was very very big and totally clean and we had a fireplace! The location was close enough to go into town and also travel around to see the sites. It had the feel of a bed and breakfast but with more privacy. I will definitely recommend!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We were just in Vermont, and booked several nights at the Weathervane Motel. The Rooms are large, clean and very well clean. The motel is situation on 6 beautiful areas, and just next door to the Heidlene House, and a half mile from the Equinox Resort. Very well situated to get anywhere in Manchester village fast. The Owners Murveta and Petar were beyond nice and very friendly and helpful with suggestions on where to eat, etc. Great time!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lindamannis
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We were here for our grandson's wedding. Had connecting rooms which made it easy to spend time with other family members here for the wedding. The owner was very friendly and very helpful. It was a very enjoyable weekend. Would stay here again when we are in VT.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Frances M
Reviewed 9 August 2011

My husband and I recently stay here and enjoyed our stay immensely! Our room was oversized and comfy and the linens and towels soft and thirsty. The location appealed to us and it was one reason we chose it. The owners were very friendly and made sure we knew of the local art fair going on and where to go for dinners. The price also was reasonable for the time of year. You can't beat the Weathervane for value for your money, cleanliness, and convience.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Golfpar
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Pass on this place. Old and worn out is the best description. Bathroom had mold on the ceiling and rusty fixtures to include broken window. TV was a small and barely workable. Linen old and outdated. Furniture, lamps and decor from the 1970's. Poor lighting throughout to include two burned out bulbs in bathroom. Breakkast area was full of clutter and the continental breakfast of mostly cereal was a joke.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2acr
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We booked 3 rooms for our visit to Manchester; a double room for my husband and I, and two single rooms for my grown children. Very clean and well kept and very homey. Our room was huge with 2 double beds. The singles each had a double bed. The owner was very very friendly and hospitable, and even lent us wine glasses for the bottle of wine we bought, even though we could have used the plastic cups. Can't comment on the breakfast, since it was off season and wasn't available. But we were just fine with the coffee maker and fridge in the room. A very pleasant visit all around and would recommend this to motel anyone. Not to mention the very reasonable rates.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family