“Nothing special”
Review of Bistro Henry

Bistro Henry
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Henry is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 59 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$18 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian, French, American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: East Manchester Road
Description: BISTRO HENRY has been delighting local and visitor alike for over 20 years with a unique blend of French & Italian and for our next 20 years bring you Steakhouse! I guarantee you will be delighted as well. The lovely restaurant on top of the hill is also the home of Henry's Summer BBQ & Dina's VT Baking Company. There is a large deck with beautiful views for a relaxing cocktail or outdoor dining. The spacious restaurant can accommodate private dining and we will cater nearly any type of party with our talented chefs, don't forget our Authentic BBQ. Year round we offer our $25 Three Course from 5-6 PM nightly and all night on Tuesdays (3 courses $25). I hope to see you soon. - Henry Bronson, Bistro Henry
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and the service was great. Personally the food wasn't worth the cost. Flavors were bland. My app was just a field greens salad...with just lettuce no other toppings which was a first. The dressing was good. For dinner I had the chicken breast with linguine not very flavorful. I think mainly I was confused with the whole concept of the restaurant. Looked great on tripadvisor like a fine dining experience then the menus were pictures colored by kids which is more of a diner feel. Based on other reviews this place is doing fine and I wish them well I just prefer a little more home cooked feel to my food.

bistrohenry, Owner at Bistro Henry, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
I am very sorry you felt we were nothing special. As far as identity goes, we have always felt that we did not want to be stuffy fine dining. We welcome families, gourmets, gourmands, solo diners, wine aficionados, meat lovers, vegetarians and everyone else.
And yes, we have changed the menu and the salad of which you speak. i never really like a salad with a whole bunch of stuff, but, I am not the customer.
As far as cost goes, I will only say that we buy only premium ingredients and, alas, nothing has dropped in price.
I am sorry we weren't a good fit. Maybe next time.
Thanks,
Henry

“Gem of Manchester VT to dine at”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Was here in May this year and came back based on our prior experience eating here. Our meals were superb...cooked to perfection! An awesome dining experience. Well done!

• Visited November 2013
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Night Out!!”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My husband and I picked this place based on reviews we read online. From the time we walked in the door until we walked out this was an excellent choice, they know good food and good service. We did not have a reservation and were seated promptly by the MatriD. It looked like they were busier than expected(which worried us) but for only two people our server and the matri'd worked all the tables in tandem with ease and from the looks of the people at the other tables, patience. We had their 3 course deal and it was delicious and quite fairly priced. We are not wine people but the matri'd suggested a delicious one based on what we ordered and it was too die for as were the desserts. When we return to Vermont we will be visiting this true gem of a restaurant!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Liv C
Fort Pierce, Florida, USA
“Worth a try”
Reviewed 25 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

One of the best restaurants in Manchester, VT. Unfortunately, Manchester is not blessed with a lot of fine restaurants, but this is worth a try if you're in Manchester.

Visited August 2013
Albany, NY
“We are still looking for our perfect place!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Servers were nice but on a Wednesday night in the Fall two were not enough. The soup (Onion & Lobster Bisque) were both tasty but the bisque was pretty empty. The steaks were good but the duck fat potatoes were awful.
The crème brulee was tasty but lukewarm.
I agree-too pricey for what you get.

• Visited October 2013