“An unexpected surprise”
Review of Bistro Henry

Bistro Henry
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Henry is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 61 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$18 - US$50
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: East Manchester Road
Description: BISTRO HENRY has been delighting local and visitor alike for over 20 years with a unique blend of French & Italian and for our next 20 years bring you Steakhouse! I guarantee you will be delighted as well. The lovely restaurant on top of the hill is also the home of Henry's Summer BBQ & Dina's VT Baking Company. There is a large deck with beautiful views for a relaxing cocktail or outdoor dining. The spacious restaurant can accommodate private dining and we will cater nearly any type of party with our talented chefs, don't forget our Authentic BBQ. Year round we offer our $25 Three Course from 5-6 PM nightly and all night on Tuesdays (3 courses $25). I hope to see you soon. - Henry Bronson, Bistro Henry
Reviewed 5 March 2014

After a full day of skiing at Stratton Mountain, my partner and I discovered this charming restaurant on the way back to our hotel in Manchester. The bistro may lack ambiance, but the food was exceptional. We did not have reservations and ended up at the bar, but had a lovely meal (the oysters were excellent and the lamb superb) and an even better conversation with the woman serving up the cocktails (she makes a mean margarita!). We had such a gratifying meal that we returned the following night and almost repeated our meal. Go with the specials! The service was good, the menus, decorated by local children, were cute, and the menu has a little something for everyone. We will gladly return in the fall when we are leaf-peeping!

bistrohenry, Owner at Bistro Henry, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Thank you penboy for the double header! Glad to hear we got it right enough for you to return 2 nights in a row. Please say Hi when you are leaf peeping.

There are newer reviews for Bistro Henry

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Had dinner there with my family, the food lacked flavor. The restaurant looked quaint from outside but the interior was a disappointment.

1  Thank Tripmama02

I am very sorry to hear you felt that we were 'Nothing Special' and the food lacked flavor. We try for bold flavors in all our dishes. I will be sure to remind my cooks to check the taste of everything we produce. Proper seasoning makes for delicious food. As far as the interior being 'a disappointment' I would only ask "just what were you expecting?". I suppose it is all a matter of taste after all.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We alway go to Manchester,Vermont to celebrate New Year's, and this year was no exception. We have returned to Bistro Henry for New Years Eve dinner time after time as part of our celebration. Our dining experience has always been exceptional! The atmosphere is relaxing and the service and menu are always excellent! This year my husband had the Lobster Bisque and Scottish Salmon, and I had the Onion Soup and Beef Wellington. Outstanding! The trio of sorbets featured different flavors and was a refreshing way to end our meal. We' be back to ring in New Year 2015!

I love tradition! So glad you have found a new one! I am already thinking about Beef Wellington! I do not make it often, so it is nice to know I got it right.
See you soon,

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Nice location. Ambiance was OK but expected more character than we experienced. The New Year's Eve menu looked great. Ordered the peppered Steak with French Onion Soup. The steak and soup were above average but was disappointed with the sides - overcooked green beans and mashed potatoes that could have been the real thing but tasted like instant. Poor selection of local beers compared to other restaurants in the area. My wife and friends had a similar experience. I guess we expected more for an above average price on a Holiday evening. Would recommend Ye Old Tavern in downtown Manchester if your looking for that special experience on a Holiday Evening get together with special friends and can manage the price. We would have gone there but could not get a reservation.

Thank you for your review. I am not quite sure what you meant by character in describing the ambiance at Bistro Henry. As the chef and owner, many call me a character, so we should meet.
Our mashed potatoes are always made from potatoes, butter and cream, never instant. Our beer selection has since been revamped. Check our website for current listings.
I promise you we will be on our game the next time you visit and especially during holidays

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We were weekenders for several years and now live in the area full-time. As much as we tried to explore other restaurant options, and there are some good ones, we kept returning to Bistro Henry because it is consistently excellent and we enjoyed getting to know Henry and his family, as well as the staff. Henry takes great pride in his preparation of interesting specials and their presentation. That said, the standards on the menu provide equally good options. He serves the best sweetbreads I've ever had; his duck is delicious; and steaks, or veal chops that are occasionally one of the specials, are always tender and tasty. I love the scallops and risotto, too. I note that a recent reviewer complains about the salad being only greens. With the fantastic dressing Henry makes and the addition of the blue cheese he offers, I find this a salad I can't resist adding every time we're there. Same holds true for Dina's amazing hot fudge sauce and the hot fudge sundaes or profiteroles. I find the atmosphere relaxing and friendly, the service great, and the ambiance welcoming. We mostly sit at the bar and enjoy meeting the others sitting there and chatting with the bartender.

Thanks so much for your kind words! We appreciate your patronage.