“Fine dining in Manchester”

The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 59 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$30 - US$55
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Seminary Road
Description: The Restaurant features the Panther's renowned gourmet farm-to-table cuisine and offers a sophisticated dining experience that is among the highest rated in New England. The Patio Raw Bar is open seasonally offering Al Fresco dining for dinner in a less formal atmosphere. With views over the gardens and Mount Equinox, the Patio is a picturesque venue for a casual dinner. The Panther Pub is open for special events, private group dining and receptions and offers an intimate private dining or meeting experience.
Seattle, Washington
“Fine dining in Manchester”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I dined at the Reluctant Panther for our anniversary. Everything was impecable. A table for two. Attentive servers. I had the quail appetizer, which was perfectly prepared; and the lobster ravioli. A great chef and a perfect dining experience.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Charles F

Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
“Food allergy alert”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My family has had the yearly tradition of dining here for years around the holidays. My four children all have nut allergies. I informed our server the moment he took our order.. and again when the bread came. The chefs tasting choice was sprinkled with nuts.. My youngest child had unfortunately tasted it and had a reaction. I immediately gave her meds. and informed the server of his negligence..We were not compensated nor addressed by the manager at anytime. We will be thinking twice for next years visit.

2 Thank bdabrk
Karen S, General Manager at The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for making the Reluctant Panther a part of your family’s holiday tradition; it has been our pleasure to host you the last few years. I sincerely apologize for the nuts that made it into your family’s amuse bouche. We try to be as vigilant as possible regarding allergy issues. I cannot imagine how stressful it is to deal with severe allergies on a daily basis. I truly hope you’ll consider returning to dine with us at the Panther. Please reach out to me personally if you plan to come back so I can make sure your family is very well taken care of. If I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me: ksloan@reluctantpanther.com.
Arlington, Virginia, United States
“fantastic”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed at the Inn and had our first two nights' dinner in the restaurant. My wife and I are big eaters and I can probably attribute their menu to my having gained 5lbs on a 6 day trip. I rate Reluctant Panther on par with any positive fine dining experience I've had; my wife said their duck breast with fois main course was the best entree she'd ever eaten.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank crnickazy
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Restaurant in Manchester...”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

...and perhaps all of New England. And that's not an overstatement. Absolutely exquisite menu. Impeccably presented food. Professionally served by a world-class staff. The Inn itself is charming and warm. We can't wait to go back!

Portland, Oregon
“Would highly recommend the tasting menu”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The young chef of this restaurant will go very very far. We stayed at the inn for two nights and had dinner in the inn restaurant both nights. The second night, we starved all day so we could enjoy the tasting menu that evening. For us, it was eight courses with wine, as the chef kindly provided us with an extra course after a very nice discussion at the small inn bar. Each course was creative but not just for the sake of having lots of words on the menu. Things really went together and were cooked to perfection. The wines that were paired with the foods were perfect, though I must admit I got a little tipsy after the 7th glass. The breakfasts were also delicious and just the right amount of food. The homemade raspberry jam was a whole mouthful of heaven. Also, the room is so pleasant. Two fireplaces, gorgeous floral arrangements and such nice servers, Amy and one who is with the fire service whose name I can't recall right now. Must have been the wine ;-)

Visited January 2014