“Fantastic Dinner”

The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 59 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$30 - US$55
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Seminary Road
Description: The Restaurant features the Panther's renowned gourmet farm-to-table cuisine and offers a sophisticated dining experience that is among the highest rated in New England. The Patio Raw Bar is open seasonally offering Al Fresco dining for dinner in a less formal atmosphere. With views over the gardens and Mount Equinox, the Patio is a picturesque venue for a casual dinner. The Panther Pub is open for special events, private group dining and receptions and offers an intimate private dining or meeting experience.
“Fantastic Dinner”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

On a recent trip up from Brooklyn, my wife and I were visiting friends in Vermont for some good times and great food.

Whenever we travel we always like to ask around and see where the best place to eat is. There's a ton of great restaurants in the area serving locavore cusine, so we knew we were in for a treat.

The place that we kept hearing about was the restaurant at the The Relucant Panther Hotel. So we figured we would give it a shot.

From the moment we arrived we knew we had made the right choice. The hotel was lovely and everyone that worked there was so nice.

The inside of the restauarant was beautiful, but the real treat is to eat outside. They had this amazing outdoor patio where you can enjoy your meal by an adorable pond, fountain and fire pit, with a gorgeous view of the mountains! If the weather's nice, I highly suggest you sit outside.

Our waitress was charming and helped navigate us through their extensive wine list. She also helped us with the menu, because we pretty much wanted to order everything on it.

The food was just amazing. The quail appetizer and duck liver mousse were heavenly and the ceviche and oysters were fresh and delicious. For entree's we had the short rib, steak and halibut, all of which were incredible.

Dessert also did not dissapoint. The chocolate stout cake was spot on and the "coffee and doughnuts" was like nothing we've ever had before. Seriously order two, you will thank me.

Altogether it was a fantastic meal and a perfect evening. We will definitely be returning to the Reluctant Panther, and from what we saw, will be planning on staying as a guest at the hotel the next time we visit Vermont.

5 Thank OpieBK

Grand Isle, Vermont
“Not among the best in the area”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Vermont is lucky to have many chef driven farm to table restaurants. The “renowned gourmet cuisine” here is okay, but it is not close to the standards of the best places in the region, most of which are comparable or lower in price. There is nothing wrong with the food, it just does not stand out compared to what is available nearby. Two examples. We have had oysters at three restaurants in Vermont during the week we ate at Reluctant Panther. The oysters at Reluctant Panther were good, but they ranked third of the three and yet were by far the most expensive. The “deconstructed S’More” had components so hard that we really needed a knife to eat them—not what we expect in a desert. The service was very personable and friendly.

1 Thank elm4154
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect in Everyway”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I were able to enjoy a 7 course wine paired meal for our honeymoon, which was the BEST meal we ever had!! No joke, the best meal EVER!! The wine pairings complemented the courses well and were so delightful!

We started off with the Amuse Brouche of Tuna Ceviche, then had the Duck Liver Mouse, then the Grilled Cavendish Quail, followed by the creamy Goat Cheese local cheese plate (with honey, strawberries and watercress-WOW!), then the Yellow-Tail Snapper, Boyden Farms Strip Steak and "Coffee and Doughnuts" dessert and S'more dessert! The paired wines with the first five courses rocked!

THANK YOU Executive Chef Peter Belmonte, we had an amazing start to our honeymoon! :) Thank you also to our waitress and hostess who were also incredible!

1 Thank Evona M
Frankfort, KY
“Always exceeds expectations!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We just finished our vacation, and I was surprised to see The Reluctant Panther had fallen in ranking since our last trip. I loved the food last time and wanted to go again. Yes, the restaurant is expensive. However, it is a fine dining establishment. In comparison to the other fine dining options in the area, it is not priced outrageously.

My food exceeded my expectations. My husband got a steak and I had the mushroom pasta. It was WONDERFUL! I do t even like mushrooms. It was my favorite meal while on vacation. The service was wonderful. Tim made us feel at home and was attentive to our every need.

It is a wonderful restaurant for a romantic dinner. I will return!

Visited June 2014
Karen S, General Manager at The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
We always enjoy your visits, thank you for your kind words about our restaurant & staff. I look forward to welcoming you back next year!
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Slow service...small portions....ridiculous prices”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We went here for dinner. We were 13 people. Understand a large party is a challenge. Waiter disappeared for big hunks o f time.....when our food finally arrived we were so disappointed. It was the smallest portions of food I have ever seen. Not one of the 13 people were happy with the experience. We felt totally ripped off. We spent 800.00 and all of us left hungry ....I got a salad that had two forkfuls of greens.....my husband pasta that was appetizer size.....our group will return next year to manchester and pass on your restaurant. We all are well travelled and eat out constantly and not one of us had ever seen such skimpy portions..

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Plandry75
Karen S, General Manager at The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback, I remember your party well. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your dinner with us. I wish you had brought this to our attention when you were here as we would have done whatever possible to make your experience with us more to your taste. Many members of your group expressed their pleasure with the dining experience and the host of the dinner spoke to me to say how wonderful everything was for the group. Again, I’m sorry that this particular evening was not as you had expected.