“Beautiful Inn”

The Inn at Manchester
Ranked #1 of 12 Manchester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2011

We enjoyed our visit here for two nights. The owners Julie and Frank were so personable and caring, they go over and beyond to make sure their guest are happy and comfortable. The rooms are tip top clean with great linens lots of TLC goes in to the Inn and property. My only disappointment was the breakfast, for a select registry inn it was pretty poor. Just usual fair, eggs prepared basic with a couple pieces of fruit on the plate and the next morning pancakes with a cheap sausage....part of the B&B experience I thought was the second B especially when it is a select registry. I also did not see any afternoon hors d'oeuvres and not so great cookies in the snack room if any at all. Overall this is a beautiful in with wonderful owners just don't have high expectations for a unique delicious breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Buddy69, Owner at The Inn at Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2011

We want to thank you for your comments and we also want you to know that we are very sorry for your dissatisfaction in your breakfast!
I (Frank) do all the cooking at the inn and I love to do that. Every morning I wake up I am excited about preparing breakfast!
I decided that if I was going to do all of the cooking, then I had better like cooking what I am serving. So, my "strategy" is to offer a simple, full breakfast. I am not a gourmet cook, I don't claim to be, nor do I want to be; therefore we offer a full breakfast consisting of eggs any style, every day and a syrup offerring every other day so that our guests can experience the fantastic Vermont Maple syrup. We always offer seconds and thirds and we try and accomodate special dietary needs when requested.
I will own up to the fact that my breakfast menu is pretty much limited to: eggs any style ( I love doing poached eggs), various quiches, buttermilk pancakes, french toast and cottage cakes. I rotate the meat each morning between bacon, sausage and ham.
Throughout the day and night we have our self serve pantry open so that our guests can have coffee, tea, cold bottled water and home made cookies whenever they want. We try to keep the "cookie jar" full at all times, but I have to say it's hard to keep up with the demand. So we are sorry if the jar was empty, we always try to make ourseleves available to take care of our guest's needs.
We like to keep things simple and I am sorry that your expectations were not met.
I found out 8 years ago when we bought this beautiful Inn that you have to be who you are and you've got to love what you are doing to do it right!
We hope you will return and give us another chance.
Thank you for your kind words towards Julie and I, as well as towards our Inn!

There are newer reviews for The Inn at Manchester

Reviewed 14 June 2011

This is a fantastic hotel to stay. the service, food, rooms were of exceptional standards. The location was ideal for visiting many places of interest. We would reccomend this to all.
Terry & Julie from Leicestershire UK stayed May 2011

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Overall, a great experience. We stayed in the sage suite, which has a deck attached. Great sunset views. If you arrive late in the day, dinner options become a little more limited... but Mulligans, across the street, has a full menu until 9pm, then pub menu after that. Owners were always around, and seemed genuinely interested in making sure everyone was having a good time. Can't wait to come back here. Staying one night was great, but not nearly enough time to enjoy all this place has to offer.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank xnyoung
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Our recent stay at the Inn at Manchester was fantastic. The owners Frank and Julie are warm, welcoming, and thoughful hosts. Our room was lovely and Frank and Julie treated us like family. We had a great visit there, we would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, some larger than others
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank niniridesagain
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I live in Florida and took a vacation to Vermont in the winter! We had an excellent time. The skiing at Stratton Mtn. and the bar at the Manchester Inn made it an excellent visit. Wish I could come up here more often. The innkeepers made us feel welcomed right away. Had dinner in their kitchen the first night. Thanks again!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank gep828
Reviewed 3 May 2011

The Inn was recommended at 8pm in a service station in Manchester. We had just been spooked by growling noises on the Appalachian Trail, were cold, hungry and desperate for somewhere to stay. Luckily, Frank took us in and quickly rang the local bar to ensure we got last food orders and a well-needed beer. The Inn soothed our nerves with a hot shower, complimentary toiletries, warm room and comfy bed. The following morning we had time to explore the Inn with it's great collection of interesting books. Frank is a keen cyclist and well-travelled. The only negative is the price - the most expensive on our trip. It really felt like home and we were reluctant to leave the sunny garden with huge trees. Highly recommended as a base for surrounding activities as well as for relaxation.

Room Tip: All good
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SJOK
Reviewed 2 May 2011

The hosts are very friendly, and I recommend the inn highly. The room and the inn was clean and well maintained. Breakfast was very good. The only downside was the walls were a little thin so you could hear some noise from the other rooms.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple