“Home from Home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manchester
The Inn at Manchester
Ranked #2 of 12 Manchester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 February 2008

Not sure where Bblover_newengland was staying but I stayed at the Inn on the weekend 26-27th Jan and there was tea and coffee available and cookies in the afternoon. The veranda is outside the Inn so any apples would have been frozen!

Frank and Julie are some of the friendliest Inn keepers I have ever met and nothing is too much trouble -if you bother to ask them.
Breakfasts are more than ample for skiing with more of everything if you ask, and as for “limited beverages “ - coffee, tea (6 types), orange juice, milk, hot chocolate is usually enough choice for most people.

The comments about the lack of amenities baffle me, a full bar, LCD TV’s in every room, wi-fi, help with dinner reservations what more do you want?

We will return, if we can get a reservation!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 January 2008

The good news: The Inn was clean and comfortable. rooms are nice and there are plenty of lounging areas for relaxation - but as far as the usual amenities that one would expect to find at a b&b, a lot was lacking. there was no afternoon tea and cookies (or coffee or anything). there were some old apples out on a veranda - but that was not a good substitute. the breakfast was OK, not great and not filling enough if you were planning a ski trip. We expected more of a selection - even beverages were limited. We are not big eaters, but expected more of a traditional B & B breakfast. Nice, but not great at all. So - I would say the "bed" part was good but not the breakfast or the other niceties one might expect.

• Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank bbloverNewengland
Buddy69, Owner at The Inn at Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2008

Julie and I want to thank you for your comments.
We learn a great deal by listening to our guests and we welcome constructive comments.
We wanted to get back to you and say how sorry we are that your experience with us was not to your liking!
And, we have listened to your comments and have reacted to them; we just wanted to give you the latest: as we speak, we are converting the pantry area (the space between the kitchen and dining room) into an area for our guests to have access to through out the day and evening. We are putting in a refrigerator for milk, cream, soft drinks and bottled water as well as cookies and other fresh baked goods.
We are also putting in a microwave for our guests to use.
We have installed a coffee machine that will brew single cups of coffee throughout the day and night as well as hot water on command.
We are REAL excited about this new space and it is now a part of our introduction that we give our guests when they check in.
As far as the breakfast is concerned, I (Frank) am very sorry for any dissatisfaction for the breakfast and the amount of food served.
We try to rotate the offerrings so not to duplicate a syrup meal with an egg meal when folks are with us over the weekend. I pride myself on ample servings and I LOVE IT when guests come back for seconds. I am sorry!!
Thank you again for your comments and we hope that one day you will give us another chance to experience our Inn the way we hope ALL our guests do!
Have a GREAT winter season and we wish you all the best in 2008!!

Frank and Julie Hanes
The Inn at Manchester
www.innatmanchester.com
1-800-273-1793

Reviewed 1 October 2007

what a great find. We spent 4 nights here in late September and had a perfect stay. The place has great ambience, lovely rooms and Frank & Julie and the staff mase us feel most welcome. It was a joy to return to each day.
The location is great, an easy walk to theshops & restaurants in Manchester Village and there are some great hikes & drives nearby.

We will be back!!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2007

We had a great time. The owners make you feel right at home. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2007

My husband and I had a fabulous 2 nights at this Inn. We had booked one of the suites-we had an extra sitting room that had a couch and a desk with a T.V. We spent our evenings in one of the two common rooms. It was very comfortable.

The owners Frank and Julie really go all out to help with anything you need. The breakfasts in the morning were nicely done, pancakes one day, eggs the next. There was also fruit ,cereal and muffins.( I managed to get the pancake recipe to try at home..)

The grounds are really pretty with a small pool in the back with some chairs and umbrellas. It was less than a mile to most of the outlets. We also did a nice 4.5 mile hike one day that was a short drive away.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2007

Gracious management. Nice rooms. Lovely atmosphere. Really clean. These people really care and it shows. Breakfast special, not just any old stuff. This inn has a great location because you can walk to the downtown area easily. It is in the middle of everything but it is quiet and calm. Grounds are nice too. I've stayed at higher end places but this was truly a great value. I hope the next time I want to go to Machester, I can get a room there.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank SigneEastfordCt
Reviewed 13 July 2007

Everything about this Inn was what I'd hoped it would be. It's set back on the property -- green and pasture-like with mature trees, perennial gardens and a pool you approach through an arbor and more gardens, next to the rennovated carriage house. The porch -- think rocking chairs, a glass of wine, and incredible views. The inside matches the outside in terms of beauty, taste and elegance, and so do the innkeepers. Frank and Julie Hanes are the type of innkeepers you hope you'll meet. They are responsive, upbeat and most importantly, sincere. Frank took the time to call his friend Gordon to get more information on the next town I was heading to...Julie told me I should take the book I hadn't finished reading and simply send it back when done. The only problem I had -- I wanted to stay longer and they were totally booked!!!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo