“Perfect!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manchester
The Inn at Manchester
Ranked #1 of 12 Manchester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Arrived at the inn after traveling through a snow storm. Was very glad to arrive safely and was greeted by a beautiful inn with warm cozy fireplaces cheerily burning and a darling little dog, Chai, resting comfortably on the sofa. What a welcome sight after battling the elements.

Welcomed by the inn's owners with warm hospitatality and shown to a beautiful suite with the most amazinlgly comfortable bed with the most delicious sheets imaginable.

Room Tip: Garden Suite was amazing.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I just returned from an overnight stay at The Inn at Manchester. Many Inns and resorts often have two or three night minimum stays, so I was thrilled when I was able to reserve, online, a one-night stay. We had a perfect time!

We were greeted cheerfully both by Frank and Julie. Our check in process was quick and painless. Julie showed us our suite, which was in a cute building in back of the main Inn. Our room/suite was large, beautiful and exceptionally clean. It had everything we needed, including a very comfortable bed and gorgeous gas fireplace.

My husband and I walked down to The Equinox, then had dinner at Mulligans, across the street. On our way back to our room we stopped back at the main Inn and had a few more cocktails at "The Nineteenth Room." We were joined by a lovely group of guests and enjoyed meeting some new friends. Julie was incredibly hospitable, and answered my incessant questions about Inn ownership... all while taking care of everyone's cocktail requests.

We decided to skip breakfast the next morning, but it sure smelled great in the dining room and seemed quite peaceful despite a full house. I grabbed a couple of cups of coffee to take back to our room.

It was just a perfect stay. We hope to stay again this spring or summer where we can enjoy longer walks and enjoy the beautiful pool!
Thank you to Julie and Frank!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I'm hesitant to write a review and alert people to just how wonderful the Inn at Manchester is. I feel like it has been our little secret! From the moment you step foot in the back door you immediately feel the welcoming presences of Julie and Frank. They are the most gracious inn-keepers and really set the tone for your stay. The inn is extremely comfortable with non-fussy sitting areas complete with wood burning fireplaces and a beautiful bar for your pre-dinner cocktail. All of the rooms (we've stayed in almost all of them at this point) are comfortable, clean and tastefully appointed. The beds are very comfortable and the linens luxurious. Breakfast in the morning is my favorite. Frank makes a simple yet delicious breakfast offering a daily special in addition to eggs any style. Seconds are never a issue as another review wrote. My son has had seconds every time we've visited! If you are looking for huge screen TV's, an extensive breakfast menu, and whirlpool baths with expensive bath products then this is not the place for you. BUT, if you are looking for a true Vermont inn experience look no further.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful and different. The descriptions on the website are accurate.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brooke T
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I should have been more aware of the negative reviews - they are true! As soon as we entered the inn, I noticed the funky smell that others had mentioned, but at the time didn't think too much about it. The innkeeper was fairly friendly and showed us to our room on the second floor. We had booked the smallest room and were told that the bathroom was small; however, we were not prepared for a bathroom that apparently had been a closet in its previous life. There was a tiny pedestal sink and not a lot of room to move around. In fact, after showering I dried off in the bedroom! I certainly didn't see the message shower heads that were advertised and the "distinctive toiletries" were Motel 6 quality - very disappointing for an inn. The flat screen TV was small and not well located for viewing. The breakfasts that people raved about were not we have experienced in our many B&B experiences - small boxes of cereal and bananas (help yourself) and very basic and limited entrees with no offer of second helpings. We've had better breakfasts at a Residence Inn. On the second day of our stay, I noticed that the funky smell had migrated to our room and even leaving the windows open did not solve the problem. I was so bothered by this smell and concern for what it was that we checked out a day early (something we have never done before). On the plus side, the towels and bedding were extremely nice and the bed was very comfortable, but I just didn't see why the inn was so highly rated by others.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank alagal41
Buddy69, Owner at The Inn at Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

We are so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. I wish we had had the opportunity to address your issues while you were here. The last thing we ever want is for someone to leave dissatisfied.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We have now been going to the Inn at Manchester for over 4 years. At first we only went once a year now we go at least 3 and if we can we would go more. We can't help ourselves, it is our favorite spot. At times, I think Bill likes it better than our home. What can we say about Julie, Frank and the gang-they are OUR family. As soon as you walk in they make you feel like a million bucks. They remember everything about you. The rooms are beautiful, the beds and sheets are remarkable.. Frank's daily breakfast is scrumptious. My kids even love it. As you can tell we LOVE IT.

Room Tip: You will love any room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Mariela B
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The Inn was more than we expected. Went for a summer weekend with a group of couples and had a really wonderful time. The Inn itself was very charming and it looked like so much thought had gone into all the decorations, which were beautiful. The room was adorable and very clean. The bed was super comfy and the sheets were the super soft. We loved that the Inn had a small bar itself, and we definitely took advantage of having a beer in the afternoon or a pre-dinner drink. The grounds are also beautiful. There are two large hammocks to lounge in (which we did!) and a small but very nice pool. This is a true bed and breakfast! And the breakfast both days was super super delicious. This is a great place. It's also a short drive or nice walk into town where all the outlet shops are (about 1.5 miles I think).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren K
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My fiance and I stayed for one night at the Inn at Manchester right before Christmas. What a treat! The entire inn was decorated beautifully for the holidays and the service was superb! We stayed on the first floor of the Carriage House in the Peach Blossom room. The room was pristine and comfortable. The bathroom was very spacious and the gas fireplace was an added bonus! My favorite part of the room had to be the king bed. It seriously was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! Pure luxury! We will definitely be visiting this fine establishment again! Would love to visit during the summer when we can use the pool and take advantage of the beautiful grounds.

Room Tip: We enjoyed staying in the Peach Blossom room located inside the Carriage House. It was very spacious...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple