The Inn at Manchester
Four Winds Country Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$98
Manchester View(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$109
Palmer House(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$118
The Equinox Golf Resort & Spa(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$220
Hotwire.com
Olympia Lodge(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$121
Orbitz.com
The Reluctant Panther Inn & Restaurant(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$205
Travelocity
The Chalet Motel(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$105
Travelocity
The INN at Willow Pond(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$153
All reviewscarriage housechaicottage cakessouthern hospitalitypeach blossomnew englandpancakesfront porchbreakfast was deliciousglass of winesilver forkthe main housebed and breakfastwedding weekendyear after yearfeel like familyfirst floor
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We stayed at the Inn for the second time this past weekend as part of my company’s annual ski trip, and we can’t wait to go back again. The Inn is conveniently located very close to town and near the area’s ski resorts. Everything in both the rooms and common spaces is carefully and thoughtfully chosen with a fine attention to detail. The bed is the most comfortable I’ve ever slept in and their microfiber sheets (which they sell and I bought a pair this time) and incredibly soft. They have lots of games and books in the common spaces for guests to enjoy and we love doing a puzzle while we have a generous drink from the bar before dinner. The best part of the stay is by far Julie and Frank, and of course their “miniature” poodle Chai. They’re wonderfully hospitable and feel like family. They’ll remember not only your name from one stay to the next, but what do you for work and your breakfast preferences. We can’t wait until our next stay and will recommend the Inn to everyone looking for a New England getaway.

Room Tip: We've stayed in Blue Phlox both times and love it. While we haven't seen other rooms, the people we've traveled with have said they're all wonderful.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We just got back from our stay at The Inn at Manchester and every aspect of our stay was perfection! Frank and Julie were beyond gracious and glorious hosts of their centrally located Manchester B&B. We are a family of 5 with 3 children ranging in age from 10 to 14. We travelled with another family of 4 with two teenage girls. Frank and Julie not only made us feel more than welcome (almost like one of the family), they were way beyond gracious and kind to our children. That is not always the case at B&B's. It was truly appreciated.

Our accommodations:
We stayed in the Green Briar Suite located in the Carriage house behind the main house, It was lovely, quiet and warm. We had a king size bed with a pull out sofa couch. Being that we had 3 children, we brought a aero mattress which the suite amply was able to accommodate. The king size bed very comfortable and the sheets and linen were superb. The room was decorated in Vermont chic (charming and eclectic pieces with a history) and the room boasted a lovely gas fireplace that was definitely welcomed after our days of skiing.

The water pressure was decent and towels were plush and delightful. The bathroom contained a bath and shower head that were in very good and in clean condition.

Our room also contained a vestibule which we found very valuable to keep our boots and ski items.

The Inn:
Frank was there to greet us as soon as we arrived and was font of useful information as well as a delight to converse with. He inquired if we had made dinner reservations and offered his well informed opinions of the local restaurants. His assessment of the Silver Fork was spot on and was one of the best dining experiences I have had in years.

The Inn is flavored with varied pieces of art and paintings that truly enlivened every room. I personally loved the landscapes. Real and very seemingly real gas places lend to the warm and inviting atmosphere of the Inn. The small and intimate bar area boast many good wines (I adored the zin) and we spent many a night before dinner talking amongst ourselves or conversing with the genuinely kind staff. There is a sitting room/parlor in the front of the house that boasts a cozy fireplace. It is a perfect room to sit and play chess or a game with your kids.

Our breakfast at the Inn was wonderful every day. The egg dishes always tasted as if they were made with farm fresh eggs and ingredients. Even my son who is a picky eater was having seconds of toast with the Inn at Manchester strawberry jam or the maple flavored bacon (or at least it was maple flavored in our minds). Julie was a lovely server and an uncanny talent for remember our large party's orders and Frank and Julie were more than accommodating if one of our group members opted for "egg whites" or "toast with bacon" instead of the current breakfast selection of the day. The Green Mountain coffee was always fresh and there was always a nice selection of teas. In addition, there was fruit, cereal and baked items available. Seconds were always offered (and appreciated by many in our group).

The surrounding grounds of the Inn dressed in snow showcased the best of Vermont. Frankly, I am excited to returns to the Inn in the summer and fall to experience the dramatic backdrop of the Green Mountains as she sheds her white, slips into green and then into her fall finest.

Location:
We were skiing at Stratton and it took us 20-25 minutes to get to the ski area. Add a little more time if you are driving in snow. Manchester village is walk away. I didn't get much of chance to explore the stores, but I am looking forward to when I return.

Overview:
As I was leaving, I went in to say goodbye to Frank and Julie and to buy some small strawberry jams that my son adored. Frank asked me how many jars I would like, to which I replied "4."
When I attempted to pay, he told me there was no charge. Warmed my heart.

The Inn at Manchester- the place the O'Shea-Dorfman family will go to be known as the O'Shea-Dorfman family and not room 435.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Arrived at the inn after traveling through a snow storm. Was very glad to arrive safely and was greeted by a beautiful inn with warm cozy fireplaces cheerily burning and a darling little dog, Chai, resting comfortably on the sofa. What a welcome sight after battling the elements.

Welcomed by the inn's owners with warm hospitatality and shown to a beautiful suite with the most amazinlgly comfortable bed with the most delicious sheets imaginable.

Room Tip: Garden Suite was amazing.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I just returned from an overnight stay at The Inn at Manchester. Many Inns and resorts often have two or three night minimum stays, so I was thrilled when I was able to reserve, online, a one-night stay. We had a perfect time!

We were greeted cheerfully both by Frank and Julie. Our check in process was quick and painless. Julie showed us our suite, which was in a cute building in back of the main Inn. Our room/suite was large, beautiful and exceptionally clean. It had everything we needed, including a very comfortable bed and gorgeous gas fireplace.

My husband and I walked down to The Equinox, then had dinner at Mulligans, across the street. On our way back to our room we stopped back at the main Inn and had a few more cocktails at "The Nineteenth Room." We were joined by a lovely group of guests and enjoyed meeting some new friends. Julie was incredibly hospitable, and answered my incessant questions about Inn ownership... all while taking care of everyone's cocktail requests.

We decided to skip breakfast the next morning, but it sure smelled great in the dining room and seemed quite peaceful despite a full house. I grabbed a couple of cups of coffee to take back to our room.

It was just a perfect stay. We hope to stay again this spring or summer where we can enjoy longer walks and enjoy the beautiful pool!
Thank you to Julie and Frank!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I'm hesitant to write a review and alert people to just how wonderful the Inn at Manchester is. I feel like it has been our little secret! From the moment you step foot in the back door you immediately feel the welcoming presences of Julie and Frank. They are the most gracious inn-keepers and really set the tone for your stay. The inn is extremely comfortable with non-fussy sitting areas complete with wood burning fireplaces and a beautiful bar for your pre-dinner cocktail. All of the rooms (we've stayed in almost all of them at this point) are comfortable, clean and tastefully appointed. The beds are very comfortable and the linens luxurious. Breakfast in the morning is my favorite. Frank makes a simple yet delicious breakfast offering a daily special in addition to eggs any style. Seconds are never a issue as another review wrote. My son has had seconds every time we've visited! If you are looking for huge screen TV's, an extensive breakfast menu, and whirlpool baths with expensive bath products then this is not the place for you. BUT, if you are looking for a true Vermont inn experience look no further.

Room Tip: All the rooms are wonderful and different. The descriptions on the website are accurate.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family