“What a great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Barnstead Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manchester
The Barnstead Inn
Ranked #5 of 12 Manchester B&B and Inns
Oxford, Connecticut
“What a great place to stay!”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

The Barnstead Inn was a pleasant surprise. We go up to Manchester every summer for the Vermont Summer Horse Festival and found this place this time around. Quiet, great ambiance and pleasant company. A quick 10 minute walk and you are in downtown Manchester. We loved the rooms, very clean and bed was comfortable . You felt very much at home and the grounds were beautifully landscaped. Thank you so much Neil and Cindy, hope you enjoyed the cookies!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Perth, Ontario
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We were given the name of this inn by friends of ours. I booked last minute and was pleased that they were able to accommodate us. The online booking service was perfect. I knew right away whether there was availability.
The inn is within walking distance of downtown Manchester and all the outlet stores and the restaurants.
We had one of the rooms with a King size bed. Very comfortable. We swam in the pool. Parking was handy.
We'll come back at some point

Room Tip: Our room was ground floor, lots of windows, which we had to keep closed for privacy. 2nd floor migh...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Woodstock, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Interesting trees, gardens, stream, pond, buildings. Many outdoor spots to sit and relax on the property. And check out the chill furry cat who roams the grounds! Friendly, present innkeepers. We'll be back!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Irvine, California
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Actually, I didn't need to stay here to give it a rating. The reservation page requires you to make a second choice. At the time there were few options so I choose another room as a second choice, more expensive, but my second choice. Wouldn't you know it but I got a confirmation for the more expensive room. Checking their site my original choice showed still available.
Upon questioning them, they did cancel the reservation, AND asked me to go find someplace else to stay, but not there.
Sorry, but I travel over 20 weeks a year, I recognize bad customer care.

Room Tip: As they told me - go someplace else
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
neilhumph, Owner at The Barnstead Inn, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
It clearly states on our "Check Availability" page that "the availability shown is not real time and may lag actual bookings". There is a reason for that. The room may have been sold over the phone or by other means before a guests e mail can be recieved. This guest's first choice was sold and the availability shown actually lagged at the time. So......I put him in his second choice.
He then contacted me via e mail to say that he was not happy that I "upsold" him, (whatever that means). And told me he did not wish to spend that much for the second room. It was funny because he did actually have three choices and one was even less expensive than his first choice. I could only assume that he would be fine with his second choice since he requested it.
All he needed to do was call. Not accuse me of an "upsell". When he said he wasn't happy I simply said "You will be refunded in full and please be happy someplace else. The nicest people stay here. He will not be missed.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My husband and I have spent many summer weekends at the Barnstead Inn and always have a delightful time. The owners, Neil & Cynthia, make you feel so welcome and at home. The rooms are nice sized, always extremely clean and were recently upgraded with flat screen TVs. The property is beautiful and a short walk to Main Street, with a heated pool to sit by on lazy afternoons. The Barnstead has b ecome our go-to home away from home in Manchester and we will certainly be back!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I stayed here while planning my wedding for next fall. The Innkeepers are great and the Inn is beautiful! I'll be booking again next year for the wedding.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Delafield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 July 2011

This Inn was very clean and comfortable and also very peaceful. The grounds were immaculate and the owners were very hospitable!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family