“Play It Again Sam!!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New Britain
“Play It Again Sam!!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I enjoy traveling with my dog and am always looking for new pet friendly accommodations. All I can say is that I hit the jackpot when I found the Casablanca Motel. What a fantastic place. Linda and Diane the owners are wonderful and so accommodating. The cabins are immaculate and inviting. I have stayed in "people only" rooms that have not been this clean! No dog hair anywhere or doggie smell that sometimes comes with staying in a dog friendly motel. You are even given a soft fleece blanket for the top of the bed if you are like me and sleep with your dog! My dog Emma thought she was in Heaven. Each cabin is themed and we stayed in the Sugar Maple cabin. All the pictures and decorations had to do with maple syrup. Very quaint. The lady's have really taken the time to pay attention to every detail in order to make your stay pleasant. Even though these are "cabins" they have every modern convenience, including a flat screen TV with cable and a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Plus every day the lady's provide housekeeping services. All the amenities you would receive at a fancy hotel except the prices are very reasonable and you have your own private little home away from home! The grounds are gorgeous and there is a wonderful trail in back of the property that comes out to the Manchester Dog Park. The Equinox Preserve is a short drive away...another great place to walk your dog with trails galore. Just ask Linda or Diane for a trail map or to recommend a good restaurant. They aim to please! The Manchester Outlets and the Orvis Flagship Store are also nearby. Emma and I are already looking forward to our next visit to the Casablanca Motel. Thanks for everything Linda and Diana! Emma sends woofs to you both and give my buddy Oscar Wilde a hug and kiss from me!

Linda and Emma

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank AHappyTraveler55

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I took a motorcycle ride to Manchester VT on Sunday May 25. We stayed at the Casablanca Motel in one of the many cabins. The grounds were done so beautifully, The cabins were spotless and decorated nicely. The owners were more than helpful with where we could get a great meal and what was happening in Manchester. I can't wait to go back again. The location to town is perfect.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Casablanca was an adorable and quiet place to stay with charming details in the cottages - the quilts were beautiful in the room. Nice tea selection in the cottage, and we liked the maple candies offered at the front desk. The location is fantastic - very close to the center of Manchester. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kelley T
Princeton, Indiana
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This cute self contained cabin fits every need you would have for comfort and convenience. It is a short walk to the start bus shuttles and the finish celebration of the Shires of vermont marathon. No parking hassles, dont even have to drive. get on the shuttle in morning . Run 26 miles thru the most beautiful scenery in a weel run course , celebrate at the finish and walk 5 min to your shower and bed. Cozy but like your own small house. Quiet , private, and the owners actaully knaow your name and will respond to all requests. This was the highlight of my Vermont vacation.

Green Features: They allow you to seperate trash from recycle. Vermont is green in more than scenery
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Danny H
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I just had the most incredible stay at the Casablanca. All the cabins are different theme which is great to begin with but the grounds are beautiful and welcoming . There are horseshoes to play, a spot for a fire as well as different spots to sit and relax. They also can tell you of many different places to visit around this beautiful town. You won't believe the views so bring your cameras!!! I'm booking my next stay before I leave so I can see the fall colors. The rates are so great I'm staying longer next time.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Rebeccalabonte
Laconia, New Hampshire
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We were in Manchester, VT to see our youngest son in an interactive theatre performance and because we live 3 hours away we decided we would rather spend the night than drive home. Since it was only a one night stay away from the house I really wanted to bring our dog. I did some searches on the web and found this lovely gem of a place! I initially communicated via e-mail (which was responded to quickly I might add) and then called to book the room they had on hold for me. We arrived a little before the actual check-in time but they actually had our cabin ready. Yes - cabin! Although this says "Motel" in the name it really is a few clusters of cabins. Each one is different themed. We stayed in the "Manchester" one and were very happy with this one! The staff/owners are very pleasant and friendly. They had a welcome gift for Murphy (our dog) which was a nice touch! The cabin was clean and as pictured on their website. The grounds are probably a really nice place to relax and/or play games (they have a horseshoe pit along with other activities) and we did manage to sit in the screened-in gazebo for a little while although it was still cool outside. There are also walking paths out behind the property in the woods that we would love to explore more when we return... because we do plan to return at some point!

Green Features: This is also a "green" property which I like as well!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amie H
shoots4themoon, Owner at Casablanca Motel, responded to this review, 23 September 2015
Thank you!
Bomoseen, Vermont
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Decided on a last minute overnight, but needed to take our dog. I found this motel via Bring Fido website and it was highly recommended. It's a quaint set of individual cabins with microwaves and mini-refrigerators. We were met upon check-in by one of the owners who was extremely helpful...they told us of a nearby dog park and even had a goody-bag for our dog! They obviously love animals and were very welcoming to our pet. The rooms are cozy and comfortable, very reasonably priced and right near the heart of Manchester. We would definitely recommend this place to others with pets, but it's also a great, inexpensive option for anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LJK37
shoots4themoon, Owner at Casablanca Motel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our place. We're glad you chose us and we have a cabin available last minute for you. Do spread the word about our place and come again for a longer stay. Soon enough, the weather will be warm enough to really enjoy the outdoors and you won't be stuck indoors from the cold.