“A nice stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
herkop7
“A nice stay”
Reviewed 21 September 2009

We stayed here for one night while passing through after visiting family in New Hampshire and traveling back home to Pennsylvania. We would definitely stay here again, whether while passing through or for a longer visit to the area. The place was cute and clean. We stayed in cottage 2 and the maple leaf motif was charming. The door knob on the bathroom door was one of those old glass knobs--I love little touches like that. They're a green motel: the bath products were environmentally aware, appliances (mini fridge, heater, A/C) were left unplugged for the guest to plug them in as needed, etc. And Green Mountain Coffee in the room for the coffee pot! :) It wasn't big but was big enough for our pack-n-play to fit in a corner, far enough away that we could still enjoy the last hour of our evening without waking the little one.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Katy, Tx
Reviewed 12 August 2009

It's like my home away from home. Every summer for two to four weeks, I come home to the Casablanca. I have two dogs that are welcomed with opened arms. Diane and Linda know exactly how I like my cabin (#6!) and they never disappoint. I was even treated to carside check-in!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
New York
Reviewed 1 August 2009

Stayed here for the first time last September and have stayed several times since. The owners make you feel right at home and the place is awesome. The cabins are adorable and well maintained and decorated. They are a nice change from the regular strip motel. the grounds are beautiful and inviting and the place fits in perfectly with the beautiful surroundings of Manchester. Every time I stay there , the gals have added something new to enhance the experience. And when they say pet friendly, they mean it. My dogs love it there and it' s great to be able to travel with them. They say it's the best kept secret in Manchester and the only reason I hesitated to write a review was because if the secret of how great a place this is gets out, it will be harder for me to get a reservation. Only kidding I would highly recommend the Casablanca for anyone traveling to the area, and wish them all the success in the world.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Florida
Reviewed 23 June 2009

I spent the week here during a painting workshop and couldn't have chosen better! Wonderful concept: a motel room within a little sound proof house. Great location with beautiful trails to explore behind motel.
Owners treated you like an old friend...especially nice for a solo traveler!
I'll be back!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
NY State
Reviewed 1 March 2009

I will admit I was not terribly impressed with this place, but you do get fair value for your dollar.

The rooms are actually rather small compared to their online photographs. I think my main beef is that the bathroom door needed to remain open (at owners' request) in order to avoid frozen pipes in the winter. As a result, cold air would come into the room from the bathroom. Also, the bathroom is freezing!

I'm sure the rooms are more pleasant in the spring and summer. Otherwise, apart from the bathroom, it's a clean and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
Vermont
Reviewed 26 January 2009

My fiance and I have been here for over a week and the service is wonderful! Our cats feel right at home and the nice ladies running the Casablanca almost feel like family! We found this motel very affordable and close to ski resorts and restaurants. I know we'll be back - possibly even have a family reunion here! If you are looking for an affordable motel that is pet friendly we definitely recommend this place.

• Liked — Pet Friendly!
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 14 January 2009

I stayed at the Casablanca for 2 nights while I was visiting Stratton Mountain. The motel is actually individually and unique cabins around the property. The cabins are very clean, comfortable and offer more room and privacy than a standard motel/hotel. I really liked the caretakers of the Casablanca. They were extremely friendly and accomadating. Just the personal touches alone would make me return. You can park right outside your cabin and they are all set far enough back from the road that they are very quiet. Plus, since its your own cabin, not a hotel room, you dont hear any of the other guests.

Overall I would definatly stay here again and look forward to my return. Im generally picky when it comes to accomadations and I was very satisfied with the Casablanca. I rarely give 5/5 stars for any accomodation but for the price/atmosphere and location, this place was perfect.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)