“Visitor from Pennsylvania”

Mendon Mountainview Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mendon
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This was my first trip to Vermont in 35 years. I stayed for 4 days at The Mendon Mountainview Lodge on my way to visit Middlebury and some other familiar places. There is no doubt that this was such a pleasant experience. Patrick is the manager and he was so courteous in explaining different restaurants places to visit. His patience is such an asset.
Connie, the housekeeper helped me with my luggage in the pouring rain!!! I am a senior and that was very much appreciated.
The bed was comfy, the TV(flat screen) was fine pulled in plenty of channels. Getting up in the morning was a pleasure as I could see the mountain and enjoy the view....such a change from high rises.
Lovely big breakfast to start the day. Thank you staff.....for making my visit so pleasurable.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Janet C

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Honestly if you wanna come together with your family mountain view is the best place to go
I can say this stay in the mountain view honestly made my summer the staff is just so wonderful, energetic, and so kind
Together they helped my family feel like home

1  Thank JuanO4N
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Honestly, i have never felt so comfortable staying at a hotel in my life. The entire staff actual gets to know u. Everyone is so genuinely nice and they will take the time to talk and converse with each guest. The food is good. The desk clerks are extremely helpful and will go out of your way to accommodate wat u need. Even the housekeeper , Connie is a sweetheart. Def coming back !!

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Alejo5635
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Having to work a 10 day job in Vermont was already putting me to stress but from the Welcoming I got from Max at the Mendon Mountain Lodge Hotel put me at ease right away. From the start Max , Connie and Patrick made me feel as one of their own relatives and took care of me with everything I needed. Breakfast was on point, the service was on point, cleanliness of my room was on point everything was just great. They honestly made me feel right at home especially after coming back from long hours of work mind you I'm from New York. So thank you Connie, Patrick and Max for everything ! You'll be seeing me real soon!

1  Thank JValentin149
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Extremely hospitable people at a very affordable price. Patrick and the staff were a wealth of information including all the "off the beaten path" locations of waterfalls, hikes, canoeing adventures, and eateries. Breakfast was amazing, the view was incredible, and I slept like a baby. Bravo. Well done. A+. Will come back for Winter. =)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 89josephb
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I concur with most of the previous positive reviews. The reason I decided to review this hotel was the staff. Many hotels have their share of good employees but this place seems to have some sort of special environment. Both Max who checked us in and Patrick at checkout were extremely helpful and informative. On top of this the waitresses at breakfast were also very engaging and helpful. They also seem to be the housekeeping staff. The hotel is a little dated but when you have staff like this you tend to over look the blemishes. Convenient location between Rutland and Killington.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NaylandXSmith
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Highly recommend this lodge, our room was clean, comfortable and priced right. The hospitality was remarkable. Patrick was very helpful with directions and suggestions on many sites that beautiful Vermont has to offer. Full complimentary breakfast was delicious and waitresses Connie and Rebecca were awesome. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank gjparr321
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendon
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
#3 of 13 in Killington
Summit Lodge & Resort
Summit Lodge & Resort
#2 of 13 in Killington

Been to Mendon Mountainview Lodge? Share your experiences!