“Great Summer vacation”

Mendon Mountainview Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mendon
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Nice people. Great heated swimming pool in the summer. Beautiful view of Pico from the back deck. We enjoyed our summer vacation, and there is a lot nearby even though it was the off-season. Really good breakfasts too.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 December 2013

What a great place to stay for skiing at Killington or Pico. I stayed here mid week before Christmas so crowds were at a minimum. The location of Mendon Mountain View is perfect because its about half way between Killington and Rutland. I like this because after skiing, if you don't want to eat up on the access road, you can stop at your room coming off the mountain, shower or sit in the hot tub, then head into Rutland for dinner. The room I had was nice. It was clean, had a comfortable bed and a large bathroom. It also had a view out the back of the top of Pico. My stay included breakfast, which was an omelet made to order. The staff is super friendly and very accommodating. After checking out and heading up to ski, they offered the hot tub and shower before my drive home. I'll stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Todd K
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We were in Vermont for the Reebok Spartan World Championship race at Mt. Killington and decided that we didn't want to stay right in Killington and Mendon looked like the perfect place to stay. When we booked our room we told them we would be coming after their normal check-in times and they were very accommodating. The staff was extremely nice and helpful in ever aspect. They gave us great recommendations on running/hiking trails and places to eat. Saturday morning there was a huge breakfast buffet and the staff packed up a bunch of food for us to take. They also knew we were leaving after the race to head back to NJ and that we would be covered in mud. So they generously allowed us to access their showers in the sauna area, even though we had already checked out. The hotel wasn't the Ritz Carlton but the staff made the entire stay great!

Room Tip: If you need a fridge make sure you request one when booking.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeng21
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The sole reason for stopping here was the price and its location between Pittsfield and Burlington on round trip from Boston to see the Fall. The hotel had great reviews and although in places it looked tired at the edges ( Not surprising given its heavy use in the ski season.) it more than justified its hype. Relatively remote a few miles from Rutland it is surrounded by mountains and tree's, a quiet tranquil spot. The room was large clean and comfortable and reflected the price we paid. Breakfast was a nice surprise cooked to order by a very cheerful and helpful chef. Who took time to sit down and take some other guests through a map of the area, highlighting places to visit. Booked as an overnight stopover, we would certainly liked to have stayed longer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eonaLondon
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Nice, quiet visit with great service, especially from Connie! Good food, too!! Scenic place with some great vistas and much to do in the area, I can only imagine how this place jumps in season! Heading down the mountain now, hope to return someday!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wanderfromduluth
Reviewed 15 October 2013

You know that it's important to have a clean room and comfy bed - but if you don't have good staff it can make your stay bad??? That's NOT THE CASE at Mendon Mountainview. Staff was great. In the two-night stay there my friends and I encountered several friendly and helpful staff. Patrick, Mak, Connie and Kathy were all great! When we inquired of there was a laundry room, they offered to was our clothes! Staying mid-week we nearly had the place to ourselves. I'm sure when the leaves change in the coming weeks the rooms will be booked (as well as ski season). Glad we made the stop and will recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank C B
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Hubby and I have been coming up to Mendon Mountainview Lodge for many years. I am happy to see the lodge is under new management. Patrick, Krista, Connie and Maksim couldn't have made our stay more pleasant. I always look forward to going to Sugar & Spice for breakfast as hotel breakfasts usually leave a lot to be desired but not what the Lodge is now offering. Every morning we had a delicious cooked to order breakfast! The lodge is in need of some updating but I'm sure that will come. Also, I was disappointed that I couldn't get Wi-Fi in my room so had to go to the lobby to use my laptop. Once Patrick saw that I wasn't happy with this arrangement he did lend me a cable so I could connect in my room. A lot of people depend on Wi-Fi for work and if it is advertised it should be available. Because of the wonderful staff at the Lodge we will be returning again next year. It's like our home away from home when we are in Vermont.

Susan B

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank courtmel11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendon
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
#3 of 13 in Killington
Summit Lodge & Resort
Summit Lodge & Resort
#2 of 13 in Killington

Been to Mendon Mountainview Lodge? Share your experiences!