All reviews hot tub ski lodge new life hiking spa lobby area off season place is great waffle machine the king size bed killington mountain long trail room was clean and comfortable green mountains fireplace skiing weekend rutland vermont
Reviewed 30 March 2011

My fiance and I stayed at the Cortina Inn the nights of March 4 and March 5, 2011. During the day of March 4, my boyfriend proposed to me, so this trip became extra special. We had a great check-in experience. There were fresh home-baked chocolate chip cookies for us to enjoy and even though we had booked two beds (because that was the hotel.com's special) we were able to be up-graded to a room with a king. The room was lovely. The bed was so comfy and we both slept great. There was no noise at all from the hallway or the other rooms. We went down to the pool and loved it, however I do have to point out that only one jet in the hot tub seemed to be working. We had dinner there and boy was it delicious. My fiance had the "Monster Burger" and from what he said it was really good! I had pasta and that was great too. Patrick, the chef, and his wife, were so nice. We talked to them for a while and they made us feel like home. The next morning we came down for breakfast and noticed that there were only bagels and muffins, but when we asked the man at the front desk he said the chef would be right with us. Patrick appeared right away asking us what ingredients we wanted in our omelet. It was so delicious. I am so glad my fiance chose the Cortina Inn. I am looking forward to staying there again!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
jbhakta, Front Office Manager at Cortina Inn and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2011

Thank you for all of your kind remarks! We wish the best for the both of you, and look forward to seeing the both of you in the future. Best wishes
The Cortina Inn

Reviewed 19 March 2011

My trip was disappointing. I had stayed at Cortina Inn back in 2007 and had a lovely time. The food was excellent and the staff was very friendly. I'm not sure if the management changed after the whole ordeal with the Legionnaire's disease causing bacteria, but the service was terrible this time around. I arrived in the evening and had to ring the front desk person. After about 15 rings, she finally picked up and said she would be right out. Almost 20 minutes later, she finally came out in her PJ's and no shoes and checked me in. She didn't even apologize for making me wait for her to roll out of bed. The heat in our room was not working so I had to phone her once again, but this time she did not pick up. We had to sleep in our hoodies that first night! The next day, I called the front desk to see what time the restaurant was open for dinner. Nobody answered (what is the purpose of having a front desk if nobody is ever there?). When I went downstairs, I saw the front desk guy just sitting and chatting on the couch near the restroom! Our dinner at the hotel was not very good at all. The cook came by to ask how it was and we didn't have the heart to tell him (he seemed like a nice guy). The breakfast buffet consisted of your classic bagels and cereal. You can also make your own waffles but there was no syrup when I was there.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank kumajones
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Hotel was clean,restraunt food was good,free buffet breakfast was good,pool was warm and clean,totally a nice resort and redone,as I had stayed there years and years ago.Well worth the discounted rate we paid(the special 3 day rate),and we will go back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2011

My husband and I traveled from PA for a long Valentine weekend ski trip to beautiful Killington, VT. We were greeted warmly upon check in to the Inn. That comfortable welcoming atmosphere continued throughout our stay. The owner and his staff were accommodating, responding to our every request. Our room was all new and decorated in a luxury rustic manner, exactly what we like in a ski vacation!! The mattress was soooo comfortable. The bathroom was fully renovated; tile, elevated vanity, rounded shower curtain bar, and lighting. After a full day on the slopes, we enjoyed unwinding in the hot tub before showering to go to dinner. Valentine's Day dinner was in the hotel dining room. The cost was extremely reasonable. Chef Patrick prepared an amazing selection of entrees. And the dessert, Red Velvet Cheesecake, our choice, was phenomenal (and huge.) I finished it after we returned home to PA!! LOL!! The location of the resort was so very convenient, close to slopes and businesses on the access road and close to all that Rutland has to offer as well. The cost, too, was very reasonable, especially when a continental and made to order breakfast was included. I would highly recommend the Cortina Inn to my friends and family and plan to make a Valentine weekend trip there a yearly tradition!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2011

After an initial check-in problem (not sure if it was the hotel or booking website's fault) we did enjoy our stay, particularly at the reasonable rate we paid. The hotel was recently refurbished, so the room finishes were all fresh and the bed was very comfortable. We found the staff friendly but a bit disorganized. The pool and hot tub were open, but the hot tub wasn't fully functioning. There was a flat-screen TV in the room, but no HD cable service. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, which included made-to-order eggs and omlettes during our visit. We would book again, and hope the price hasn't gone up.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple