We stayed here based on recent reviews. I think some of them were shills. This hotel just opened and it was AWFUL in so many ways. I list three here:
1. Supposedly renovated rooms. Half truth. New linens, that is true. But old rooms, only half rehabed. Ours was somewhat dirty and dated.
2. Very limited hotel staff. No 24 hour front desk. Toilet clogged, and no plunger in the room. A call to the hotel took a good 30 minutes to get a plunger because no one was at the front desk.
3. Free breakfast sucked. When we got down, there were no coffee mugs, no eggs left, no bacon left, and no potatoes left. What seemed like a VERY inattentive or overwhelmed staff. So, the breakfast was all but a total loss. i took a picture of the food area (and no it was not at the very end of breakfast time). The photo tells a thousand words.
In conclusion, we stayed here because of the positive reviews, the supposedly free breakfast and the supposedly reasonable price. As with all life lessons, there is a reason for cheap prices, and here, it is because this hotel is far, far, far from ready for prime time. Staying down the road at virtually any other joint in this town, at a nominal cost of ten or twenty dollars more would have been more than worth it. We have options as consumers, and should get what we are told to expect. As a frequent traveler, this place was awful, and other than supplying a clean bed, offered little else. Sleep elsewhere or proceed at your own risk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cortina Inn, located in Rutland/Killington is one of Vermont’s loveliest hotel and four-season destination resort, is centrally located in the Green Mountain State only minutes from the Killington and Pico ski areas and just a few miles from downtown Rutland. Here, experience the true meaning of “relaxation” amidst the awe-inspiring beauty of the extraordinary natural environment. Virtually everything you could want is within a few steps of your door, and you’re always welcomed by a friendly staff dedicated to your every comfort.Internationally renowned for offering guests the charming hospitality of a country inn with the splendid amenities of a full service resort hotel. Cortina Inn features 57 beautifully appointed rooms and suites, all air-conditioned and many with their own fireplaces. Tastefully and uniquely furnished in luxurious contemporary décor or charming country style, every room and suite provides enviable levels of comfort and convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Cortina Inn and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cortina Hotel Mendon
- Cortina Inn And Resort Vermont/Mendon