“Newly renovated, convenient location, great breakfast (included), and friendly staff.”

Cortina Inn and Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Mendon B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I stayed three nights here and felt at home. It was very convenient to the venue that I attended. The room had new granite and bathroom fixtures, new carpet/tile, and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on in a hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Lylamundamy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

The Cortina is being renovated. You can see this throughout. Upon arrival, the lobby is musty and warm. We were greeted promptly and the desk associate explained where the pool and hot tub were located and when breakfast would be served.

The room was clean and the beds were nice, but nothing special. The bathroom is very small with a narrow layout. It was very quiet and we got a peaceful night of rest.

Breakfast was disappointing. Plenty offered, but all was either bland or very salty.

This is just an average establishment. For a 4 or 5 rating from me, something special needs to stand out. No standouts here.

• Stayed August 2012
New Haven, CT
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I have just returned from a week long stay at the Cortinna Inn. In first deciding on a hotel I had three primary concerns: good price, clean and comfortable. After staying there I have to say the Cortinna Inn offers this and much more! The staff are welcoming, the full breakfast is extremely delicious and they have a very nice indoor pool, jacuzzi, gym, game room, and sauna (winter). I have to say that I could not have made a better choice. I give it 5 stars!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Tom D
Guilford, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 July 2012

The brother and sister team of Manjari & Jigar Bhakta made our last minute vacation truly special.Everything we needed was ours for the asking:from what to see to where to dine.They are a bright,caring and fun duo who know how to make a place unique.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We arrived at the Cortina Inn for a 2-night stay during a road trip in the NE. Due to a late night arrival, we called to make sure they'd be available to accommodate us. The man at the desk was friendly and saw that we got to our room and everything was satisfactory. Upon getting somewhat situated in the room, we were a bit disturbed by some cleanliness issues. While we liked the exposed brick on the wall behind the bed, it had many spider webs which kind of grossed me out. I pulled back the sheets of the bed to check it out (as I always do) and there was a blood stain on the sheet... Needless to say, I was bothered by that however the hotel attendant or manager immediately switched us rooms and that one was much better. It's an older place that seems to be in the process of renovations. It is probably a great place during ski season and we had just a few minor issues that were resolved. Overall the stay was fine and breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Saddle Brook, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 June 2012

A bad ski winter has slowed the renovation of this old Killington stand-by. Sweet family owners are trying, and mattresses and box springs are quality and new as are the new, though narrow bathrooms. Ski lodge ambience, with rooms accessed thru central lodge area both up and down(2 stories). Rooms have doors to outside terraces and a window(screened)that lifts up and down. Individual heat and AC controlled by a wall thermostat. Property is lovely and has a nice presence off RT 4. Indoor pool is large and pleasant and rooms have nice architectural touches such as archways. When you walk into the lodge's womens room, you realize what this inn could be if there was more money flowing. Beautiful and lively wallpaper and colorful fixtures. Dining room area is presently cut off by tarps both upstairs and down, and only coffee and tea with small frozen danishes(served A.M.) Staff recommends Sugar and Spice restaurant down the road for breakfast(see my review). Rooms are clean except for some wall and ceiling blemishes. If you like something with charm(however faded)give this hotel a shot.

Room Tip: I always like upstairs rooms(no elevator, however). Rt. 4 can get noisy in the A.M.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Waterbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I have just returned from a weekend stay at the Cortina with 35 members of my family to celebrate my daughter's college graduation. I made the reservations back in February long before the Cortina had their lounge open and any capability to cater a party. There was just something about Manjari and the staff, call it customer service and pride of ownership, that made me certain they could pull-it-off. We arrived on Friday - had 14 rooms reserved. All the rooms were in great shape - most if not all with new bathrooms and the beds were exceptionally comfortable. The lounge opened for the first time on Friday night and all was great. On Saturday, the Cortina arranged for a buffet dinner for my family in the lounge area. Casey and his wife (sorry I forgot her name) were incredible. My nephew has severe food allergies and they prepped everything in manner that was acceptable to his diet. Not only was the food great, but they provided my niece with the recipes for the gluten free strawberry shortcake!
Breakfast was wonderful. Thank-you Maurice! I can not say enough about the staff. I travel on business every week and I have never met such a friendly and accomodating group. Since I returned home, I have received numerous compliments from my familiy members. All had a wonderful time and the Cortina played a major role in the success of the weekend. They still have some renovations to do, but the quality of the staff morew then compensates for any of the facilities minor shortcomings. I will definitely be back and will recommend the Cortina to anyone.

Thanks for the wonderful memories,

Dave

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dave S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mendon
Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington
Mendon Mountainview Lodge
Hampton Inn Rutland/Killington
Comfort Inn Trolley Square
Red Clover Inn & Restaurant
The Vermont Inn
The Vermont Inn
#2 of 3 in Mendon

Been to Cortina Inn and Resort? Share your experiences!